Problems working with Instagram

Comments

• Hi Hootsuite support. We are new and cannot figure out how to Post (a new post) to Instagram from the website version of Hootsuite. Does this actually work? I remember trying a couple of years ago and Instagram's API did not accept outside systems to post. When we try to post from Hootsuite it appears to work but then nothing happens after it says it has worked. There is nothing posted in Instagram. Please advise.
  • Hi @sportinghousedirect

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Forum! 

It is possible to post from the Hootsuite web dashboard to your Instagram account. This being said, the workflow for this is slightly different than for other social networks. 

This video is super helpful for understanding the workflow. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions! 

Hope this helps :) 

Gab
  • edited June 2016
    I'm having really big problems posting on Instagram with Hootsuite. I had a post in drafts (no other copies of the text remain), sent it to my phone, looked in notifications , and then cannot open that post to publish it. It says "Couldn't Download Image", which is more or less fine if I could still view the post and TEXT (most impt) to copy it somewhere else and post directly from Insta.

Except Hootsuite just stops there. My entire post is lost! I cannot copy my text to paste it to Instagram's app, and cannot even see any text (there was a lot)  to recopy it and publish directly from Instagram! The post is also no longer in the computer version of Hootsuite! Help! How can I get my text back and how can I use Hootsuite if it doesn't allow for "a large image" (I don't even know what size is considered large)???
  • Hi @awong,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum.

I've created a Help Desk ticket for an advocate to assist further via e-mail with more details.

Have a lovely day,

Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Hi, this is my problem. Two days ago I was perfeclty able to post and program on Intagram from Hootsuite. Yesterday the notifications stop sending to my phone. I solve it by deleting the app and downloading it again. However, today I face the very same problem. I hope there is an easier solution. 
  • Hi,

I've watched the video and followed other advice from this stream, but am still having trouble. I set up the posts and publish immediately or schedule them. The time passes, they disappear from the list, but are not posted to Instagram. VERY frustrating! I used to have a paid account (under another name), but dropped back to the free one as there are some real limitations. 

Posting to Instagram would save me lots of time, it used to work, but suddenly stopped. Could you please advise?
  • Hi @adrian_tovar and @Joyce ,

Thanks for contacting us on the Community Forum. My name is Simone, happy to help you with the Instagram issues. 

In order to ensure there is a proper connection between Hootsuite and your Instagram account, can you please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Revoke the Hootsuite access to Instagram, using these steps.

2. Reconnect Instagram, following the steps listed here.

---------

To troubleshoot the Instagram push notifications issue further, I would recommend following in this exact order, the below steps to re-sync the Notifications: 

1) Turn off Notifications for the Instagram account in the Hootsuite App:

iOS -https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204596300-Notifications

Android -https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204596580-Notifications

2) Clear Message Memory/Reset App Data

iOS -https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204596210-Clear-Message-Memory

Android -https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204596650-Reset-Data

3) Sign out of the Hootsuite App and Sign back in

4) Please turn the Notifications back on for the Instagram account

5) Schedule a test post, and check in the app for the notification, by clicking on the bell icon.

If you have any questions or if I can assist further with this process, please let me know and I would be happy to help. 

Kind regards, 

• I try to turn on notifications for my Instagram Accounts, and I get an Error Message "Unable to Update Notification Settings at This Time."

How do I resolve that ?
  • Hi @JoshWilliams,

Serban here, happy to help! This might have been a temporary issue. To make sure, please uninstall the mobile app, then re-install it again. Try turning on the notifications for Instagram again aftewards.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions in this regard, we'll be happy to assist! :)

Best regards,

• Hello, I recently updated the IOS in my IPhone 5 and since then i've been experiencing some troubles with the Hootsuite App. It sends me a notification to publish and then when I open the app, nothing happen. It doesn't show me the scheduled post, if I click on scheduled post (which I didn't need to back when It used to work) it shows me the future posts but not the one I have to post right at the moment. If I click on the top right bell It only shows the previous post. The only way I can make it show me the post is going to Notification Settings and turning the "Publish to Instagram" button off and on so it can Sync all over again. I can believe I have to do this every time I need to publish a post, It can't be, It didn't use to be like this. I will really appreciated if you can tell me a solution for this. Thank you. 
  • Hello, I recently updated the IOS in my IPhone 5 and since then i've been experiencing some troubles with the Hootsuite App. It sends me a notification to publish and then when I open the app, nothing happen. It doesn't show me the scheduled post, if I click on scheduled post (which I didn't need to back when It used to work) it shows me the future posts but not the one I have to post right at the moment. If I click on the top right bell It only shows the previous post. The only way I can make it show me the post is going to Notification Settings and turning the "Publish to Instagram" button off and on so it can Sync all over again. I can believe I have to do this every time I need to publish a post, It can't be, It didn't use to be like this. I will really appreciated if you can tell me a solution for this. Thank you. 
  • Hi,

I have been having an issue similar to one I've seen described by a few users above, including charlespenzonesalons and laurenconvert. I schedule in a post for Instagram and I get a notification, but when I try and post the image from the notification, it goes to a loading screen or sometimes gets as far as to opening Instagram and then crashes. I'm working from an iPad. This has been happening on and off for months, but it's now at the point where it's impossible to publish anything.
  • I've been having the same issue as gabyzombiee. I schedule posts to Instagram, I get a notification on my phone saying it's time to post, but then when I follow the notification or open the app I can't find my scheduled post anywhere. It doesn't show up when I go to scheduled posts, and it's nowhere else on the app either. I end up having to go to another source where it already posted (like facebook) and save the picture to my phone, copy the caption, and then get it onto instagram....Why isn't the notification working?
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Hello @Rachaelbaci@mma@gabyzombiee

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

Would you please enabled access to your Photos via your iPhone/Pad settings for Hootsuite app and try again?
  • Everything was working great in the beginning, but not any more. Sometimes I get my push notification and other times I don't. When I do get it and and try to go to the post through the notification and enter my lock screen code, it all disappears. When I go to Hootsuite it's not there any more. I end up having to do the post all over from scratch! What gives? This is totally annoying...
  • Hi @mynaito

Sandra here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

I have created a Support Ticket for you in order to further investigate the issue that you are experiencing with the Hootsuite mobile app for and the Instagram push notifications. 

Myself, or one my colleagues, will be in touch with you shortly via email. Thank you for your patience!

Sandra

• Hola, primeramente los felicito por esta excelente aplicación. Ya la he usado por más de un año y ahora se me ha presentado un problema al publicar en Instagram.  Las imágenes salen con unas lineas horizontales y laterales en la parte superior y derecha de la misma. No es siempre pero quisiera saber como solucionar el problema. Gracias de antemano.
  • Hola @RAGSANZ,

¡Gracias por contactarnos via nuestro Foro y por tus amables palabras! :smile:

Para poder asistirte mejor con este tema, me podrías confirmar lo siguiente:

1.  La imagen es publicada con estas lineas a Instagram o la ves así en el Panel

2. ¿Podrías por favor enviarnos una captura de pantalla ilustrando esto? 

De antemano, gracias por la información!

Saludos,
    Simona
  • Hey. I recently started to use your application. I want to take the first post in instagram. And to my regret I did not get to do it. When turn on the mobile device (I am using android) configuration section "Notifications", there is my post, when click on it, it gives : "a large image of a poor network connection could affect image download".
    I've done all the steps described in this comment:::::
    Hi @fbclewisville,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Forum! My name is Corina, and I'm from the Hootsuite Support Team. 

I am sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue when trying to post to Instagram from Hootsuite! In order to troubleshoot further, I'd like to ask that you take the following steps to reconnect Instagram in your dashboard.

After doing that, please try signing in and out of the app, and it the case that doesn't work please try uninstalling an reinstalling the app. 

If you're still seeing this error message please let us know and send over a screenshot of what you're seeing and we'll be happy to look further into this for you! 

Have an awesome day! 
    Corina 

Maybe not all properly translated, I dоn't know much English. Please forgive me for my mistakes!  :)

• Hey MariaV, firstly welcome to Hootsuite! For Instagram, there's a certain workflow to be followed for the best results. Have a look at this video for the process: http://ow.ly/xtjZ307iY6w also do note that we offer support in other languages should we look into bringing the matter to a ticket. As a heads up, we offer support in:
    • Italian
    • German
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Japanese 
    • Portugese
    Best regards,
    Camille H. | Customer Advocate 
  • Hello hootsuite,

I have a really annoying problem w/ instagram, there is this new update where you can stream! And when i updated it it just never came with me...i tried to unstall it then reinstall it, but never worked..
    Can u hand me some help?

Thank you,
    Sarah bee
  • Hi @sarahbee

Is this an update to Instagram app, rather than Hootsuite app? Also, by stream, do you mean the Story feature?

We don't support this yet in Hootsuite, but if you're unable to see this on your Instagram app, I recommend reaching out to their support team.
  • I got same problem and this is very useful for me. Thanks
  • Hello,

I'm experiencing problem posting Instagram videos on Hootsuite. The video didn't want to upload for more than two hours, and when it did it got into a 5 seconds circle, it started to play, stopped and started from the beginning. Another time the image in the video stopped, but the sound continued playing. Uploading the same video directly on Instagram (without using Hootsuite) works fine.

Do you know how to fix it, so I may upload and schedule videos on Instagram with Hootsuite?

Thank you! :)
  • Hello @luke_ckac

Thanks for reaching us here on Forum!

I have created a ticket for you, as this situation can be caused by many aspects and we'll have more space to discuss this over there. 

Stay tuned for your inbox, we'll be reaching out as soon as possible. 

Best, 

• Hi Hootsuite; 
    am I correct in saying that at the moment; I cannot have Hootsuite schedule a post to both Facebook AND Instagram without me having to physically use the Instagram app on a mobile device? 
  • Hi @doubledark ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

As it seems, while in your scenario above, the Facebook post will automatically be pushed to Facebook, for the Instagram one you need a mobile device to post it.
    You can find detailed information here.

Hope this helped clarify your query!
    Let us know if you have further questions!
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• edited January 17
    It means I can't schedule posts in the early hours of the morning (to take account of time zone differences) . I physically need to use a mobile device which then makes  Hootsuite severely limited in its usefulness.
  • Hi @doubledark

Thanks for getting back to us. It is correct that you will need to use the mobile app when you want the posts to Instagram to actually go live, as posting to Instagram isn't a fully automated process, like it is for Facebook for instance, due to the limitations of the Instagram API service. 

My apologies if this is inconvenient to you, but I'm afraid the process for Instagram has been automated as much as possible for the time being. 

Hope this helps clarify and please let us know if there's anything else we might be able to help with. 

Best, 
    Sandra