Cannot sign in on Android

I cannot get my Android tablet to accept my email and p/w - the same ones I've been using on my home PC and am currently logged in there with! Been going on for months now which is why I deleted Hootsuite from my tablet, but I really want to use it now and it's frustrating! I get Validating Account...Signing In... Importing Account then "Connection Error. Unable to sign in. Try again later".  Always the same message. Please help! thanks.

Answers

• Hi jules99,

Stephanie here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

I have created a Support Ticket for you in order to further investigate the issue that you are experiencing with the Hootsuite mobile app for Android.

Myself, or one my colleagues, will be in touch with you shortly via email. Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards, 
    Stephanie | Customer Advocate | hootsuite.com/help
  • That's great, thanks Stephanie, I look forward to hearing from you...
  • I am getting the same error on my Android phone. 
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    Hello @melgaye,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums!

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • Well I still have the same problem and Hootsuite have been unable to resolve it. Not happy.
  • Hi @jules99!

Thank you for your reply and sorry to hear that, let's move forward to get your account working the way you're wanting it to!

Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps that Jabs sent over to you? If so and it's still not working as expected, please feel free to reply to your Helpdesk ticket at your earliest possible convenience and we'll be happy to troubleshoot through there!

Wishing you an awesome weekend,
    Corina
  • Corina,
    Thanks for your reply. I did respond to the helpdesk ticket, several times, and I spent hours on this with people at your end, talking through and trying out various options both via messaging/email and while we were both on the phone, none of which worked. I even gave you control of my account there for a few hours to try and replicate it but to no avail.
    The last response I had from Hootsuite was that the problem could not be replicated and could not be solved, so I am stuck with using Hootsuite on my desktop but not on my Android devices, which is not ideal.
    My logic leads me to deduce now that there must be a problem with the Hootsuite app for Android which needs addressing at your end, especially as there seem to be other people with the same problem.
    I'm now having to use Tweetcaster until you can get an Android fix - I shall look forward to it...

• Caro_HCaro_H Admin
    edited May 2016
    Hi @jules99 ,

Thank you for getting back to us, and I hope you're having a good weekend! My name is Carolina, and I'm with the Hootsuite Support Team. 

Looking through your account, there is one more thing that I would like to test out. I see that you have attached to your Hootsuite account, a Twitter account Hxxxxxe (as well as a Facebook Page). 

Could I please ask that on your phone, you open up Twitter and make sure that you are logged into that Twitter account. Then, return to Hootsuite, and instead of logging in with your email and password combination, please try to log in using your Twitter credentials (you will see this option in the main log in page). 

If this still does not work, feel free to use the m.hootsuite.com site so that you can use those features from your mobile device! 

I hope that this was helpful :)
    Carolina

• Thank you Carolina I will try that soon. Meantime please remove my personal info (Twitter account name) from your last comment. Thank you!!

• Hi @jules99,

Sandra here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for getting back to us.

I have edited Carolina's comment for her and sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know how the steps she suggested went and if there is anything else we can help with.

Have a great day! 
    Sandra
  • I have just tried this and it still does not work...
  • Hi @jules99 ,

Thank you for getting back to us and I am really sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. 

To clarify, could you please let me know if you tried both social profile accounts and the m.hootsuite.com site as well? 

The Development Team is still investigating and working on the issue reported by you. You will also be updated via email once there is a development in the matter. 

Thank you for your patience and have a great week!
    Sandra
  • Yes I tried both social accounts on the app and on mobile Hootsuite. Really, I haven't got time to keep on with this, so please could you just let me know when you have a fix? Thank you...
  • Hi again @jules99 ,

Thank you for the information and of course, we will let you know via email when we have an update on the issue. 

Have a great week!
    Sandra
  • I still have the same problem
  • Hi @Benz

Thanks for reaching out! I have had a look and it seems you spoke to my colleague Kritika about this issue and you are now able to log in. :) 

If this is incorrect or if you are having any further issues then please do let us know. 

Best, 
  • Hello @plusls and @Belle,

Thanks for reaching out! We have rolled out a new version of Hootsuite. Could you please install the new one?

Thanks again,
    Miguel T.
    Customer Support Advocate  
    @Hootsuite_HelpHootsuite Help Center