Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Hootsuite App will not Download my Scheduled Instagram Images

When the push notification comes through for an Instagram post comes through and I click on it, it says "Couldn't Download Image".  It says a large image or poor connection could be the issue but I have now tried with several images and the connection is perfect?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @AusBackpacking,

Sandra here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

I have created a Support Ticket for you in order to further investigate the issue that you are experiencing with the Hootsuite mobile app for Instagram. 

Myself, or one my colleagues, will be in touch with you shortly via email. Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,

Sandra 

• Hi, I tried to schedule messages via hootsuite for instagram and have not been able to post any. I have followed all the instructions on the video, but when I press "open in instagram" to deliver the post to instagram it just doesn't open the instagram app on my phone. It shows this. What am I supposed to do from here? I have to manually open the instagram app after, but of course, I don't manage to find the post in instagram. Please help

• I also have the same problem
    Webite cập nhật thông tin khuyến mãi giảm giá từ Adayroi, Tiki, Lazada...
  • Hi @jerekiva

Valentina here from Hootsuite support team, happy to assist! 

When you get to the screen that you've so kindly provided the screenshot of, are you able to swipe left and afterwards click on Open in Instagram?

That screen will pop only the first times that you publish a post to Instagram via Hootsuite. 

After you open the image in Instagram, you should simply follow the steps to publish to Instagram ( crop image, select filter, paste caption and finish the publishing process ). 

Let us know how this goes, we'd love to hear about it. 

Best, 

• Valentina_SValentina_S ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hi @tinhwrl

Thanks for reaching us here on forum! Valentina here, happy to assist!

As to make sure that we can properly answer to your question, could you please be more specific about the issue that you've been experiencing in Hootsuite?

Is it the error message "Couldn't download image" or do you find it hard to publish to Instagram via Hootsuite?

Would you mind watching this short video on posting to Instagram via Hootsuite and advise where exactly you get stuck, so I can better look into this?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you on this matter. 

Cheers, 
  • Hi Valentina, I didn't realise you had already responded. (I thought I would have gotten a notification in my inbox when you did.) Thank you so much! I did not know you had to swipe left :)
  • Hi @jerekiva!! 

Just to make sure you receive a notification next time, you can adjust your settings here in the Forum by clicking on the settings gear in the top right corner, and then selecting 'Notification Preferences' in the right hand menu! 

Hope that helps :)

Gab
  • I am having the same issue as 
    When the push notification comes through for an Instagram post comes through and I click on it, it says "Couldn't Download Image".  It says a large image or poor connection could be the issue but I have now tried with several images and the connection is perfect?

please advise how i can fix it too!

THANKs
  • Hello @tristar,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums!

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!

Regards,

Alexandru | Customer Advocate
  • When the push notification comes through for an Instagram post and I click on it, it says "Couldn't Download Image".  It says a large image or poor connection could be the issue. I have now tried with several size images (even down to a 4x4 at 76 dpi) and tried being connected on wifi and my cell service in tons of location. I logged out and back in, and even watch the video above to make sure I am doing everything right. I am still getting the same thing, too big or bad connection. What am I missing?!?
  • Hi @depoystuiods

Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Support Forums.

I've created a support ticket for you so that we can be in touch via email to further assist you with this issue. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message for us and we'll be happy to help!

Kind Regards,

Marta | Customer Advocate | hootsuite.com/help
    Marta | @Hootsuite_Help | hootsuite.com/help
  • I am having the same issue with images not downloading ... doesn't matter what size they are or what kind of connection -- I've tried WiFi, data, etc. Please advise.
  • Hi there @mstreet

Sandra here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

I have created a Support Ticket for you in order to further investigate the issue that you are experiencing with the Hootsuite mobile app for Android. 

Myself, or one my colleagues, will be in touch with you shortly via email. Thank you for your patience!

Have a great day!

Sandra

• I'll eagerly await such an email.
  • Adam_BAdam_B ✭✭
    Hi @mstreet

Thank you for your response!

I can confirm that my colleague Stefanie reached out to you via email earlier today. My apologies for any delay.

If you did not receive the email, please let me know and I will gladly assist further as necessary.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Adam | Customer Advocate 
  • I did not receive the email, @Adam_B ...
  • Never mind. It went to spam.
  • I am having this issue too.
    I've been happily posting to IG for ages now, and this is the first time this error has appeared. 
    When I swipe left as instructed, it just keeps going through the 2 error screens (it won't let me upload the screenshots).

• Hi @NikitaHall

I am sorry about that. We are currently seeing issues with uploading images in the dashboard. We currently have our dev. team working to resolve the issue. 

I have created a support ticket for you. Thanks for letting us know and thank you for your patience. 

• I have tried everything and followed all of the steps that I've read in every forum.
    Not sure what to do. Please help!
  • Hi @rthompson

Christy here from the support team. I wanted to let you know that I have created a support ticket for you so we can further investigate. 

We will be reaching out to you once we review your ticket. 

Thanks again, 
  • I'm now having this problem after having no issues publishing/opening images in instagram for several months.
    Getting the:
    "Couldn't download image" error.
  • same issue cannot post as when i share post on the app in takes ages to open in instagram then get the error message saying cannot download image - poor network etc ?? 
    HELP 

• Hello @ChristineMcAvoy ; and @Freak_Films46

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here, happy to assist you in this matter. 

This issue is currently being looked into by the Mobile Development team here at Hootsuite and they will have to further review it on their end. 

Would you like an email update when this is fixed?

• I am also having the same issue. I get the notification that the post is ready to publish, then the "couldn't download image" error. I have a great connection and the image is not too big. Please help!
  • I am having the same issue as cdorfmandance, please advise.