Image Preview for Scheduled posts

Good morning,

Is anyone experiencing any problems with image preview with scheduled posts?  I can't seem to view images for scheduled posts.  They are attached and it was fine earlier.

Please help.

Thank you,
Victor

Comments

• Yes, I am also experiencing this issue.
  • Hi @vicdvillar & @SethResler ,

Thank you for reaching out on the Forum! My name is Carolina, and I am from the Hootsuite Support team. I would be happy to assist you! 

First of all, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. This is an issue that we're aware of, and I'm happy to let you know that this has now been resolved. 

Have a great day!
    Carolina

• How can I preview my post and image before it's sent?
  • Hi.

I am not able to see the preview of the post I am willing to send on facebook. It is working fine on twitter but not generating link preview for facebook posts.

Help needed.

Thanks
  • Hi prateekb,

Max here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

To first clarify, articles published to Facebook via linked URL's will be scraped by Facebook for meta-data that tells Facebook which image and title to use for the post. The specific tags are called "open graph" or "og:image" tags, which point to an image associated with the post. 

If no og tags are written into the URL data, or if the tags are incomplete, then Facebook will do its best to infer the correct image based on other tags. These results are inconsistent, though they tend to be more accurate when being posted directly from within Facebook.com, rather than from a 3rd party such as Hootsuite. If no og:image tag is provided, and no description tag available, then the "check our this link" prompt will be used instead. 

You can check this putting the link in here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
    Max | Customer Advocate
    Max | Customer Advocate | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Hi Mare,

Thanks for reaching out! 

At this time there is no option to preview a post. I apologize for the inconvenience.

However you can see the link preview populating in the compose message box at the top of your Hootsuite dashboard.

Should any other questions arise, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best,
    Max | Customer Advocate

• @Max_G, is there any way to see the link preview AFTER a post has been scheduled? Seems like that should be easy to do, but I can't figure it out.
  • Hi @ASM_Communications & @Mare

Thanks for reaching out. 

With the launch of our new Composer you can now preview posts for the individual social networks before posting/scheduling them.

More information can be found here: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010088387-Composer-BETA 

I hope this helps.

Regarding seeing a link preview after a post has been scheduled but before it goes live, this could be done by navigating to the post in the Publisher under "Scheduled" and then clicking to edit the post. In the compose message box the link preview should then be displayed.

Please absolutely let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Best,