I can't upload and schedule video to Twitter.

It uploads the video but the Schedule/Send Now button remains greyed out until I remove the video. Is there something I am doing wrong?

The video is 9 seconds long and is MP4.

Comments

• Hi @tomgamwell!

Are you getting any other error messages? Could you also provide me with the file size of the video, the aspect ratio, and the fps of the clip?

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, and I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Richard | Customer Advocate
  • I had this same issue.
  • Hello @KJPRCOMS,

Thank you for contacting us via the Community Forum. My name is Nicolas and I'm happy to assist you.

Could you send me the following information about your video?
    - the file size
    - the file format
    - the aspect ratio

Once we have these details, we'll be happy to further assist you.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Nicolas | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Hi,

I've had the same problem too. My video is an mg4, 23 MB and 1920x1080.

Look forward to your reply.
    Many thanks
  • Padraig_OPadraig_O Hootsuite Ambassador
    Hi @SueD

Thanks for reaching out!

It looks like the aspect ratio for your video is too large. The maximum size allowed for Twitter is 1280x1024 px. 

Hope this clarifies things for you. Please let me know if you have any further queries!

Kind Regards,

Pádraig | Customer Advocate
  • Twitter help: 'Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)' https://support.twitter.com/articles/20172128?lang=en#video-formats I have same issue. My format is mp4 aac encoding 1080x1920. 32MB 18secs duration. What gives hootsuite?

• Thank you for reaching out to us! Upon reviewing your aspect ratio it appears to be too large as the maximum size permissible is 1920 x 1200 and 1200 x 1900.

Hope this helps answering your question. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions I can assist you with. 

Kind Regards,
    Kritika | Customer Advocate
  • I am having a similar problem, video settings as follows: 1280*720, 8mbs, 25fps, will upload ok on Twitter itself! But I get 'video only supported on facebook' when I try a schedule 
  • Hi @ZanshinfilmsUK,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Beatrice here, from the Support team.

To better understand this situation, could you please confirm the following details:
    - File size & format (mp4, mov)
    - Are you trying to schedule it from the Hootsuite mobile app (Android or iOS) or web dashboard?

I'll be looking forward to your answer!

Best,
    Beatrice
  • Hi,
    I have a big problem, I can't upload my video on twitter and i tried different resolution and fps. The first one is: 1280x720, 20mb, 30fps
    second one: 480p, 5mb, 30 fps
    and the last one: 360p, 3mb, 25 fps 
  • Hi @Ghouls

Thank you for reaching out to us on Hootsuite Community Forum! My name is Kritika from Hootsuite support team and I will be happy to assist you!

To further help you with this can you please confirm:

1) A screenshot of any error that you encounter when uploading the video?

2) Can you please confirm the format of the file and the upload source (iOS/ Android or Web dashboard)? 

3) Aspect Ratio of all the three videos. 

Once we have more details on this we will be happy to further help you out. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Kind Regards,
    Kritika | Customer Advocate