Can't Log In via iPhone App

Hello,

I can log into Hootsuite on my computer and get to the dashboard. However, I cannot log in to my mobile app. My username and password are correct. I tried uninstalling, deleting, and reinstalling the app to no avail. Whether I try to use email, FB, Twitter, etc to log in, I see the following error:

"Unable to sign in Try again." 

Please help! This has persisted for weeks!

Comments

• Hi veganhostess,

Stephanie here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! 

Could you please confirm if you are logging into the mobile app with your email and password, or via social sign-in (e.g. Twitter or Facebook)?

If you are seeing this issue when logging-in via social, could you please try logging in via your email and password to see if this helps?

If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the error you are seeing and we will be happy to open a Support ticket for you to investigate this issue further.

Thank you, veganhostess! We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards, 

Stephanie | Customer Advocate 
  • Hello guys, 
    i'm having the exact same problem. It all started when the app could not sync the data, when i added a new instagram account on my dashboard (desktop). 

Then i saw another post in here, where they said sign out of Hootsuite app and then sign-in again. 

Now i can't sign in either with my Facebook, or my Google+ or my normal username & password..... 

please help! 
  • Hi @ShadowRunner,

Thanks for reaching out via the forum. I have created a support ticket for you so that we can further investigate the issue. 

We will be reaching out to you by email. 

Thanks,
  • Same issue here! Across all my apple products (iMac, iPad, iPhone, MacBook Pro)

please help
  • Hi Greta, I've created a ticket with the help desk for you as well! Stay tuned for further update as an agent will reach out further via email.
    Best regards,
    Camille H. | Customer Advocate 
  • Help! I'm having similar issues logging in from the iPhone mobile app. I've confirmed my email address and password are correct on my desktop. I've also tried logging in through the social sign-in, as well as directly through the email and I'm receiving "Incorrect email or password. Try again" 
  • Hi @Leonidas01

Thanks for reaching out. Christy here, happy to help. Can you please do a couple of things, can you please make sure you have the latest version of the app. If you are up to date, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone. Try this and if it doesn't work, please let me know and I will create a support ticket for you so that we can investigate this further. 

Thanks, 

Christy
  • Hello Christy, thanks for your response. I've tried the solutions you suggested, and I'm still having issues. What are my next steps?
  • Hello @Leonidas01

This is Jonathan from the Hootsuite Support team following up on your question. I have created a support ticket for you to properly track your issue and find a resolution.

Thank you for your understanding, we'll reach out back to you via email!

Have a great rest of your day :) 

Regards,
    Jonathan
  • Hello, 

I have the same problem. please let me know the solution. 
  • lixrock,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • I can't log in from the iPhone mobile app. I've confirmed my email address and password are correct on my desktop. I'm trying to log in with my email and password (not social media) and I'm receiving "Incorrect email or password. Try again"  This is extremely frustrating. Please help!

• Howdy @BlissKiss_com!

This is Julio from Hootsuite Support Team. I've pulled this request into a ticket so we can address this situation via email in order to solve it on a timely manner.

I'll be reaching out via email, thanks for your patience!
  • I have had the exact same issue. I can sign in on Hootsuite for my personal phone, but when I sign in on my work phone it will not work. I've tried signing out on my phone to see if this will work, but it still doesn't let me sign in on the other phone. 
  • Hi @clarkcas,

Thanks so much for reaching Hootsuite's Community Forum.

I have created a ticket for you to followup on this issue as soon as possible.

You will receive an email with more details later on today.

Thanks so much for your patience.

• edited December 2017
    Same issue here. I'm entering the Google Authenticator code and it says it's incorrect.
  • edited January 26
    HI @Jonathan_R@clarkcasJulio_G

I have the same problem... i can log in on my computer but i can´t log in through my iphone app.... i tried unistalling the app, and installing it again... and doesn´t seem to work. Email and pw are correct... help please. thank you. i am not able to do instagram posts and it is frustruating..... thaks again for yout time!
  • I have had the exact same issue. I've tried signing out on my phone to see if this will work, but it still doesn't let me sign in on the other phone. 
  • Hi @DataLine and @gato2345,

Thanks so much for reaching Hootsuite's Community Forum. Thi is Tony and I'll gladly take this for you.

I have submitted a support ticket for each and will reach out via email later on today for more details.

Talk to you very soon!

Tony.

• Similar issue here. I just downloaded the Hootsuite app for iPhone 6. Tried to login using my email and password combo and I get the following error: Google Authenticator: Invalid 6-digit Google Authenticator.
    Not sure what signing into the Hootsuite app has to do with Google.
  • Hello @Kat,

I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• I am having all the same issues. Can log in via browser but with app it says can’t login and no internet connection. Signed out and can’t sign back in. Deleted the app and installed again. Still not luck. Pay annually for thus service and to have the app not working is frustrating 
  • Hello @Phil

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum.

Could you please provide me either the iOS or Android version on your device?

Regards.
  • I am also having similar issues. I know my info is correct because I was able to login on my computer, and on my phone on the website in Safari. I need to be able to login on the app in order to use Instagram scheduling on my computer. 
  • Hi. Same issue. iPhone 6S+ can’t log into the app and google authenticator code + people etc are correct. I already submitted a request. Can you please send me the email on next steps. And fix the app please. Thx
  • Same issue here with iPhone 6 and 6s. 
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    TytchMehotelcaferoyal,

Could you please follow the steps below?
    1. Access your dashboard from a website session. 
    2. Access "Account and Settings" option available in the circle-shaped icon at the top right corner of your dashboard.
    3. Go to the "Security" tab. 
    4. Click on the "Revoke Access" option and follow the confirmation prompts.
    5. Go to your mobile device and uninstall the app.
    6. Reinstall the app and try to log into your account. 
  • I just tried to login again after following the steps that Hootsuite provided, and I still wasn't able to login for some reason.  :/
  • Same here,
    I have updated the app, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it doesn't work
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    enriquesanchez,

Would you please confirmed if you have revoked Google Authenticator Access from your dashboard:
    https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204595950#5 ?

Please also let me know what version of the app and iOS you are running.