Junk mail on iphone. Proffmedias offers unsubsribe, does not work. Ads ow.ly. What is the resolution

What is the resolution for hackers that send spam mail using ow.ly? Unsubscribed using link to server provided. Proffmedias.com but does not work. What action is hootsuite taking as a company to stop hackers? Joined this page to report abuse and get a resolution. Many have complained. I plan to report your company to FTC if this continues. 

Comments

• Hi @Joyb

Thanks for reaching out to us via the forum, Christy here from the Support team, happy to help. 

Can you please forward us one of the emails to abuse@hootsuite.zendesk.com and we will take the appropriate steps to help the situation. 

Thank you so much for letting us know and for taking steps to make sure we report those who are not correctly using the platform. 

Thanks so much, 
  • I too have been reciewving junk emails for months. I have no idea how this website that is attached to you got my email but the unsubscribe button links to this page and says oops. THIS IS MY FUCKING BUSINESS EMAIL AND IF YOU DO NOT SORT THIS OUT I WILL BE TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST HOOTSUITE.

• Hi @EllaBella

Christy here again. I have created a support ticket for you and we will be reaching out via email. I wanted to make sure that you have forwarded the abusive email to abuse@hootsuite.zendesk.com. Once we receive this, we will investigate the issue. Is the issue above the same as the first issue you wrote to us about? 

Again, we will be reaching out to you via email regarding this situation. 

Thanks, 
  • I repeatedly keep getting emails from this Proffmedias.com company. How is Hootsuite allowing this to happen with an unsub link that does not work. Also is it the responsibility of hootsuite to prove that I have opted in? I want to know how this has happened because my address is a personal one, I have a seperate email account which I use on web forms for exactly this reason. thanks Martin
  • Hi @Martink

Thanks for reaching out to us via the forum. This is Christy from the Support team, happy to help. 

I have created a support ticket for you. We will be reaching out to you via email. 

Cheers,

• I too have been trying to UNSUBSCRIBE WITHOUT success!! FOR weeks. STOP emailing me!!! Everyday another annoying email! Embarrassing emails This must break some laws!
  • Hi @hgordon5_

I know this can be frustrating.Thank you for reporting this issue. We have received your complaint and other users have reported this same email as well. 

Hootsuite is a self serve platform and the links you are seeing are being shortened using the public ow.ly service, so it's not possible for us to limit this functionality. We have flagged this with Security, who have confirmed that they have started conversations to address this issue. 

We thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue. 

• I appreciate your reply to my thread BUT I have no patience left I need to report this site I AM OVER IT!
  • REPORTED TO APPLE
  • @hgordon5_

I totally understand. We are doing what we can to make sure this issue is resolved and that you feel good about the services that you are using. Please know that you can reach out to with any question you may have. 

Thanks again, 
  • I am in talks with a lawyer and he seems to think that my email address has been illegally sold by your company so I would suggest you act on it fast if you do not wish to be sued. This is my business email and i have to scroll for up to 10 minutes to find relevant email I should be able to find in no more than a minute.
  • I am having the same problem...  the junk mail is all coming to my dot mac address which I haven't used in years, but my dot me address is still synced with it.  Now my daughters mail box is also full of these ow.ly emails.  Please help- I've also been trying for a couple months to remove them.
  • Hi @Tizzo

Thank you reporting this issue. Our security team continues to investigate this matter.

With that in mind, the emails you are receiving are not from Hootsuite, but from a person using the public link shortener hosted on Ow.Ly servers. As previously mentioned we are working to resolve this issue and will be in touch as soon as we have additional details.

Best,

• No matter how many times I unsubscribe I continue to get garbage emails from Proffmedias. What can be done to stop the morons from sending this crap?
  • Please stop this crap from these assholes. I have I subscribed multiple times. 
  • Hello @Jaggs2630,

Thanks for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Gabriela here, from the Support team, happy to help.

Hootsuite is a self serve platform and the links you are seeing are being shortened using the public ow.ly service, so it's not possible for us to limit this functionality. What we can do, however, is disable the ow.ly links that are used to promote spammy/phishing/malicious. We cannot identify, block, or get in touch with who is sending you those emails. Same way as we couldn't tell if you are doing this, but just disable the ow.ly link itself should someone report it to us.

Best,
  • I am also receiving these emails for months, this is my business email in s medical office and proffmedias and you all whoever you are are not fixing this problem, you only offer platitudes. When will this be fixed?
  • I do not agree that you cannot limit this functionality. You simply do not want to pay for going his, in the meantime I have cup put up with your disgusting emails. All you have are platitudes, you need to take your nicety comments elsewhere and do what is necessary to stop these emails? Are you getting them in your iPhones? It would be a different story if you are getting them wouldn't it?
  • In the same boat. Weekly receiving spam junk mail, at least 2-3 per day. IF the unsubscribe link works, it goes to the hoot site OOPS, Wrong page. When I can unsubscribe I still get mutiple emails from this company.  Horrible business practices and should be reported to the FTC.  
  • edited May 22
    @Gabriela_D
    @Christy_C

This is total bullsh*t. Don't give me this crap that you can't stop their links. I am so f*cking tired of recieving proffmedia emails. I would create a new email address but all of my apple music and stuff is connected to it and all my files are in iCloud. If they created a shortened link, then YOU have the ability to find out their information and report them. So stop saying that you are going to fix it to shut us up, because this sh*t has been going on way to long!
    -A very concerned customer
  • I'm also receiving junk emails. I've unsubscribed dozens of times.

• Hi there, 

Our security team is still investigating the issue to provide a resolution ASAP. 

It seems that Pprofmedias have replaced their 'unsubscribe' link with our website address, so users believe we are spamming. Unfortunately, as you have already gathered, this unsubscribe button does not work.

If you could block or mark the sender as spam within your email client this should help to prevent the emails in the interim. 

Finally, if you would like to provide an email address, I can attach you to ticket for this issue and you will receive updates directly to you for this. 

Best, 

• Same issue, my iCloud account is being spammed since I started using your services strangely enough, need your support in stopping this spam!
  • They are using your services for a major illegal SPAM operation. They have fake phone and addresses in Morocco and their site is in Romania. networkpromoting.com All links jump a few redirects from owl.ly Example:   KGWu30bWyz3
  • Hello @JonR81 and @gspot

Our security team is still investigating the issue to provide a resolution as soon as possible.

It seems that Pprofmedias have replaced their 'unsubscribe' link with our website address, so users believe we are spamming. Unfortunately, as you have already gathered, this unsubscribe button does not work. 

If you could block or mark the sender as spam within your email client this should help to prevent the emails in the interim.

Finally, if you would like to provide an email address, I can attach you to ticket for this issue and you will receive updates directly to you for this.

Take care,