LinkedIn keeps disconnecting on all of my accounts

LinkedIn keeps disconnecting across all of my accounts on a daily basis. Because of this, posts keep failing to send to LinkedIn and I have to go back in and re-connect and post. I may as well just be posting directly to LinkedIn at this point. What's going on...?

Comments

• Hey @Oscar,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'd recommend trying a revoke and reconnect of your LinkedIn account to re-establish the connection. I've included links to the steps to do so below: 

Revoke:
    https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/218443387-Revoke-Hootsuite-access-from-social-networks

Reconnect: 
    https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204585460-Reconnect-a-social-network

Please let me know how that goes :) 

Best, 

• Hi James, we are also having the same issue! Across multiple accounts. Any other suggestions?
  • Hi @nxo!

Just to clarify, you did a full revoke and reconnection, correct? If you have, could I have you provide us with the email linked to your Hootsuite account? We'll look into this further :)

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, and I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Richard | Customer Advocate
  • I'm having the same problem. Every Monday, my accounts are disconnected. I've tried the revoke/reconnect and it isn't working.
  • Hi @kellykoepke ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite support team via forum. My name is Beatrice and I’m happy to assist you.

Can you please confirm if this happens only with your LinkedIn social networks?

Please note that if you're authorizing different LinkedIn Company Pages with the same LinkedIn Profile in different Hootsuite accounts, this will cause a disconnection for all the social networks authorized with that specific profile, except the last one.

If this is not the case for you, please get back to us and we'll be happy to further investigate it on our end, Kelly.

Best,
    Beatrice
  • I am new to Hootsuite, and cannot find how to connect on LinkedIN. When I try from within Hootsuite, it keeps coming up with this message: 

The page you have requested has flown the coop.

Perhaps you are here because:

• The page has moved
    • The page no longer exists
    • You were looking for your puppy and got lost
    • You like 404 pages
    Real cute, but it isn't funny the 3rd time it goes wrong. How about help instead of comedy, please? 
    Return to homepage
    Once I close the window, the hover menu tells me I must go to sign in and allow Hootsuite to integrate with Linkedin. Sign in to hootsuite or linkedin?  I need a little more info for the next step.  Thanks
  • Hi @JudyKuhnParsons

Thanks for reaching out! :)

My apologies for the issue you're having when reconnecting your LinkedIn account.

Firstly, the message "You must sign in and allow Hootsuite to integrate with LinkedIn" appears when Hootsuite isn't able to recognize the LinkedIn account you were reconnecting.

Can I request that you please log-out from your LinkedIn account natively? Please ensure that you're not logged in to any other LinkedIn account if there is another one that you're using.

After which, please try taking the same steps you've indicated previously and check to see if the issue persists.

Should you continue to see the same message, please try reconnecting your account via a private browser such Google chrome incognito. This will rule out a possible caching or extension issue.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out. :)

Sincerely, 

Adriana | Customer Advocate
  • Hi,

I am having the same issue with many Hootsuite accounts I use to work. Sometimes it happens even 3-4 times in a day, and only with LinkedIn. How can I open a ticket on this topic?

Thanks and BR,

Gerry
  • Hi @Gerry_Freelab

Flavia here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

I have created a ticket for you with the information provided. We'll be in touch by email soon!

Kind Regards,