Instagram Push Notifications Not working

Hey!

We've enabled push notifications and haven't recieved a single notification for any of our posts.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Answers

• Hi @Finley!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

In order to make sure your Instagram notifications are going through correctly, please follow these steps:

2. Uninstall the app
    3. Power the phone off and back on
    4. Install the Hootsuite mobile app again
    5. Enable Instagram publishing again, as per this help article: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/205254910-Share-posts-to-Instagram-Android

Please get back to me as soon as you have completed these steps, so that we can see if everything is running smoothly.

Thanks! Have a nice day!
  • @Laura_E
    Tried the above, still not working. Now its also saying the app can't find the user profile.
  • Its also disconnected instagram and won't reconnect it despite following all the popups and promps - super frustrating now 
  • Hi @Finley,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I've created a support ticket for you so that we can discuss your issue in more detail over email. 

We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause you!

Please check your inbox! I will follow up with you shortly for more information.

Have a nice day!
    Laura
  • I am having the same issue and tried all the suggested fixes. Posts will show up in the notifications menu but the app will not send push notifications to my phone. 
  • Hello @elyssa,

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!

• Also having same trouble. Instagram posts are not published, says failed refreshing pushed subscription. Did all suggestions too but nothing worked
  • favcuevas2,

I can confirm that I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your understanding and for your patience.
  • Hi, I also have this issue. I've followed the instructions from August 3 times now and still get an error saying "Failed refreshing push notifications". Having looked into it, this seems to have been an issues for several years - is it being fixed? Looking for other options in the meantime. Thanks.
  • Hi there @EmmaB!

This is Julio from Hootsuite Support Team, I've created a ticket to take a look into this issue with more detail.

We'll be reaching out via email, thank you for your patience!
  • I'm having the same problem. I reset the data, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it says "Unable to refresh your Push Subscriptions" when I try to edit my notification settings. Notifications from Hootsuite are enabled in my phone's settings.

I'm using Hootsuite for Android on a Samsung GS8+

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • SteadyRadianceDesign,

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • I am also having the same problem! Please help. Thank you
  • I followed the steps above and was not able to post to Instagram either. Getting a message "Unable to refresh your Push Subscriptions" each time.
  • IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS??? INSTEAD OF "Creating a Ticket"??? 
  • Hi @michael_reynolds1!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community Forum.

If you have already tried all of the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, the only way to fix this situation is on a case to case basis.

That is why I have also created a support ticket for you, in order to gather information specific to your situation and further investigate so that we can get to a solution together.

Please stay tuned to your Inbox and don't forget to also check your Spam/Junk folder, just in case!

Have a nice day,
    Laura
  • I need a ticket too then, thanks. 
  • Hello @hannah_p,

As this issue may require additional steps of troubleshooting I have created a help desk support ticket for you and I will be reaching out to you shortly via e-mail.

• I have the same problem and have tried all the above and more including deleting the stream and adding it back. Help!
  • Hello @kellyc_exp,

I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• I've been having the same issues. 
    Reset the app data. Didn't work. 
    Reinstalled in and restarted phone. Still doesn't work. 
    Android notifications are still on and always have been on. 
  • Hello @Jimheru

I have just replied to your post in https://forum.hootsuite.com/discussion/6617552/not-receiving-notifications-in-android-app#latest.

Feel free to reply in there in case any concerns arise.

Have a great day!
  • I am also having the same issue. I am not receiving any push notifications including to publish posts. I have followed all troubleshooting steps including making sure notifications are allowed from Hootsuite.