Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Scheduled posts appearing multiple times when posting multiple images on facebook

I attached 2 images to one post and it appeared twice on the Facebook page with the same caption. Is there anyway to attach multiple images to only one post for Facebook. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hi @RedTom

Thank you for reaching out to us today via Hootsuite Community Forum! My name is Kritika from Hootsuite support team and I will be happy to assist you!

Please note, if you publish multiple pictures to Facebook they will segregate in different posts. This is due to Facebook's API limitation.

As a work around, when posting multiple images to Facebook Page and Profile, please select an album from the drop down menu other than Timeline photos to ensure that all the images are published in a single post. 

I have attached a screenshot below for your reference: 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist you with it.

Kind Regards,
    Kritika | Customer Advocate
  • Kritika, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I just scheduled a Facebook post with 3 images, created a new album in which to put the images and scheduled it. It posted to FB as 3 separate posts. Any idea why this would happen even when selecting an album other than Timeline Photos?
  • Hello @tim_corbin_rkk,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!

• Please keep me informed about this issue as it is quite annoying...
  • Hey there @rbrekken ,

I confirm that a ticket has been opened for this and that our Dev team is currently investigating this. As soon as any updates are released, you will be informed via email.

Thank you for your patience!
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Was the multiple image nonsense ever properly addressed? I stopped using Hootsuite as features continued to fail and be removed (ie. relevant content search and schedule posting). I see all these posts by Hootsuite help centre staff promising resolution and offering advice that does not work, ie. Galleries. Is there a solution which actually works or is this yet another Hootsuite failure (to be blamed on the social media network, of course)?
  • Hello @Ijenish

Thank you for your feedback; my apologies that we weren't able to provide a good experience this time around!  I will most certainly pass this feedback through internally.

We currently await further action from Facebook's end in order to proceed with integrating this feature request in Hootsuite once this is available.