Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Hootsuite not working with Instagram

Hello,

Seems this issue has been brought up many times. I can't for the life of me get Hootsuite and Instagram working on either the phone or my laptop. I schedule posts and then when I submit, it won't publish to insta because it says notifications are not set up. But they are. And when I follow the steps in the downloaded guide, it still doesn't work. I am on a Samsung galaxy S8, I've gone to settings and notifications and nothing. 

Someone please help. 

Comments

• 10BUCKSAROOM,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • Hello, 

I believe the same is happening to me, but on iOS. It's asking me to reconnect the instagram account from the app but it will just think and think eternally. So no post can be programmed. Sent an email to support already but please if there is any tip or solution that you can share it'll be more than welcome! thank you 
  • Hello @crisbe,

Will get back to you via email to investigate this issue further. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 
  • I am having the same problem as 10BUCKSAROOM  on my Samsung galaxy s8. Please provide the solution publically
  • Hello @Kdel,

As this issue may require additional steps of troubleshooting I have created a help desk support ticket for you and I will be reaching out to you shortly via e-mail.

• I am having the same problem with my Samsung S9+, please help trouble shoot. I downloaded the guide, followed all the steps. Disabled and re-enabled notifications, restarted my phone, and it's still just thinking on the notifications page in the app. 
  • Alina_DAlina_D ✭✭
    Hi @lizs1590,

On your Samsung device, please follow these steps:

Go to Apps > Settings > Applications > More > Special Access > Optimize Battery Usage > select Hootsuite

Make sure that this option is disabled, so that push subscriptions can be enabled from within the Hootsuite app.

Let us know how that goes.

Alina | Customer Advocate