Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Instagram Direct *Error Message*

I have tried multiple times to post to Instagram after turning on the new direct feature. I keep getting an error saying the social network call failed due to invalid data... Can I change back to the old feature? I just want to be able to post.

Tagged:

Comments

• I am Carlos from the Customer Support Team. Thank you very much for using our forum! I apologize for the issue you are experiencing but I am glad to help you.

I have also created an email ticket for you and I will be following up a little bit later today. Please feel free to reply to the automated email you will receive with any questions and I will write back as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
  • I am experiencing a big problem. I have converted all of my Instagram accounts to direct publish, but all posts are going to one IG account. So, posts for other clients are appearing on the WRONG IG page. I've tested and checked to make sure I have scheduled the posts to the correct page, which I have. I've opened a ticket, but I'm very concerned as many of my client's accounts have already been negatively impacted by this glitch. I can't change scheduled posts to drafts to stop this. Please help asap!!
  • I am having the same problem can someone contact us to fix the error.
  • I want to change back to the old feature since the new feature will not post with all "invalid data" msgs....
  • Hello @Clear_SEM1

Thank you for reaching out to Hootsuite via Forum, this is Geovanni from the Customer Support Team and I will be happy to help.

We're actively working on a fix for this issue. We will inform you if any update via the ticket you have already created.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!
  • Hello @Instagramquestions ;

Thank you for reaching out to Hootsuite via Forum, this is Geovanni from the Customer Support Team and I will be happy to help.

I have found your support ticket and replied to it via email.

If any concern arises you can directly contact me over there.

Have a great day!
  • Hello @PhaidonIntl

Thank you for reaching out to Hootsuite via Forum.

I have found your support ticket while we're actively working on a fix for this issue. We will inform you if any update via the ticket you have already created.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!
  • I'd like to switch my accounts back to the old method of publishing to Instagram.  On one machine, I'm able to publish about 20% of the attempts I make.  I repeatedly get errors that the aspect ratio of the picture must be between 4:5 and 1.9:1.  This adds a lot of additional work as I cropped pics to 4:5 in Lightroom, and Hootsuite still throws the error.  On another machine, I get the failed to submit error for "invalid data".  Hopefully we can either get a way to publish to instagram the old way, or will just have to give up on using Hootsuite to do this.
  • Hello @MattGioPhotos

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum!

I'm really sorry for the issues you are having, in order for you to go back to manual publishing please help me follow the steps on the next links.

Revoke the current connection: 

- To revoke access: http://ow.ly/mkh030ii4ee
    - To reconnect social network: http://ow.ly/wzKM30ii4kv

If you encounter any problem while following the steps please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
  • Beyond frustrating.  Followed the instructions to revoke access.  Completed that no problem.  Try to reconnect, and I get a page not found error after entering my login information for the instagram account.  Tried it with both IG accounts I have, and couldn't get either one to connect to hootsuite again.  It doesn't matter if I've already logged into that instagram account on another tab and then try to reconnect it or not.  I always get prompted for login information and then it goes nowhere.  This was a really handy service but in my opinion, it's very broken and basically unusable.
  • MattGioPhotos,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

To determine whether the issue is browser related,​ if possible, please log-in via an incognito (Chrome) or Private (IE or Firefox), browser window, in order to determine whether the issue persists. An Incognito or Private browsing session can be accessed through the browser window > File > Incognito/private.

This will ensure no extensions or plug-ins are preventing proper function of the dashboard.

• Tried it in an incognito window in Chrome.  Add Instagram to my account.  Get a pop up window asking me to log into Instagram.  I enter my credentials and the pop up windows goes to an Instagram page (it's in the header of the page).  The page says "Sorry, this page isn't available.  The link you followed may be broken or the page may have been removed.  Go back to Instagram."
  • MattGioPhotos,

Thank you for your follow up. Please try again to add your Instagram accounts via Hootsutie mobile app. 
  • Tried that as well.  No luck.  I get the very same behavior as I do in the browser on my desktop computer.  I get the same "Page isn't available" message after trying to log into Instagram
  • MattGioPhotos,

To help you with this I have created a support ticket for you and will be reaching out to you shortly via e-mail.