Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Instagram issues

I've have had a similar issues as mentioned previously, my Instagram keeps

notifying me of "An Unusual Login Attempt"

When I verify it keeps recycling the same notification message.  

Comments

• eaugallielib,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum!  

This issue is currently being investigated on our side. To help you with this I have created a support ticket for you and will be reaching out to you shortly via e-mail. 

• I keep trying to add my instagram account and I just keep logging on, seeing the "unusual login attempt" message, entering the confirmation code, and then just looping through this. I log onto my instagram but never get an option to actually connect my instagram to my hootsuite. Can you please help me as well?
  • Hello @claudiadaltondesign

Thank you for reaching out via the Community Forum.

I have just created a support ticket so we can further investigate and I'll give you an update really soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a good day! :smile:
  • I've been trying to add my Instagram account on the hootsuite app but it keeps saying my password and username do not correspond. I even reset my password but it says same thing. Would appreciate if this can be sorted out.
  • Hello @Precious

Could you please go to www.instagram.com and log-out from there and try adding it again?

Please do let us know if it works. 

Regards,
  • Was this issue resolved? I am also having the same issue. When logging in I am notified of an “unusual login attempt” after I verify it does nothing but takes me to my Instagram newsfeed but never connects to Hootsuite! 
  • Hi @Tmcornwall

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here, happy to assist you in this matter. 

Did you already try following the steps above?

If that didn't help, this must be something specific to your Instagram account. We can look into this further, if you contact one of our advocates on Live Chat at the bottom of this page, or tweet us @Hootsuite_Help.

Sincerely,
  • edited April 28
    I have the same problem as Precious: I am not able to connect my Instagram account to the Hootsuite mobile app. It keeps saying the username and password do not match. Triple-checked the username, rechanged the password twice, logged out of Insta, deleted and re-installed the Hootsuite app - no help! Quite annoying, the Twitter connection works fine. What can be done here?
  • Hello there @jjsivu ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

I've created a Help Desk ticket for an advocate to assist further via e-mail with more details.

Have a lovely rest of the day!
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center