Instagram: Social network call failed due to invalid data, please try again.

Hi out of the 5 posts that I have scheduled for direct publishing on Instagram only 1 was able to publish correctly. I keep receiving the message Social network call failed due to invalid data, please try again. How can I fix this?

Comments

• hi. I am having the same troubles except I have been unable to publish any posts to Instagram. Hoping Hootsuite would save me time not waste time. Please let me know how to rectify.
  • Hi, I'm having the same issue. How to solve please.
  • Also having this issue. Submitted a ticket and have 5 scheduled posts that I'm extremely worried won't publish now.
  • Alright so I'm not sure if this is the same for all of you but I found out that my issue was that I was using too many hashtags. IG has a limit of 30 and neither IG nor Hootsuite will tell you that. Your aspect ratio also has to be correct (1280x1280 or 1280x1600)
  • Thanks, @randalllawrence1984! I had included 32 hashtags in the post that kept getting rejected, and when I reduced it to 29, it posted just fine. You are my hero! I hope that Hootsuite will consider including that explanation in its error message.

• Hello, I got a "Social network call failed due to invalid data, please try again." in one of my accounts in my dashboard. How can I get this fixed?
  • same problem here
  • I am having same issue on my business page for instagram
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

You can find the messages you've scheduled and have already been sent in the Publisher > Past Scheduled: https://hootsuite.com/dashboard#/publisher/pastscheduled

The ones that were posted correctly will appear in green, and the ones that failed will be red.

Please try renewing the connection with the social profile affected.

1. On your dashboard, click on the avatar icon at the upper right hand side, the one near the Search icon then Manage social networks. 
    2. Double-click the disconnected profile (or the profile that has been problematic).
    3. Click 'Connect with Instagram'.
    4. Enter your social network credentials, and complete any additional prompts to authorize the reconnection.

Then please reschedule the failed message by opening them: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204585110-View-edit-or-delete-scheduled-content, and let us know if you see any more failed message after the reconnection.
  • Same problem here, but I'm using under 30 hashtags. Any advice?
  • Dear Hootsuite,
    I've disconnected, reconnect and re-authenticated my Instagram Business account numerous times and the problem still isn't resolved. What do you recommend please?
  • I've also had some scheduled tweets which haven't been posted, but I haven't seen the error message when these failed to send.
  • Hello @NormanKnight

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here, happy to assist you in this matter. 

You can use the steps listed in Instagram's help center to ensure that your images are a supported aspect ratio: https://help.instagram.com/1469029763400082. To be on the safe side, we suggest making sure that the images posted via Hootsuite have a 1:1 ratio. 

In Hootsuite, you can use the New Composer to edit your messages with Creative Cloud and crop, add overlays and text, or make other adjustments to it. Click Save and the edited image will appear in your message preview.Composer BETA 

Does this help? 

If you have any further questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here in the forum, contact one of our advocates on Live Chat at the bottom of this page, or tweet us @Hootsuite_Help.

• Hi Valentina_S, the images that haven't uploaded so far were in 1:1 format, but I used the old composer to schedule them.
    I have just successfully posted directly to Instagram using the new Composer. I will schedule some posts  using it and see if they send without any problems. Thank you for now.
This discussion has been closed.