Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION

So I've been trying to connect with Hootsuite people to cancel this apparently automatic billing on an account I never use to cancel it.  No one answers Live Chat, there is no phone, no email, Account Settings only goes to more menus, no way to leave a Help Ticket or Case.  Does anyone know how to do this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @jennpettley ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

A support ticket has been opened for this and one of our lovely Billing advocates will reach out to further assist.

Thank you for your patience! 
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• edited March 28
    same here, i'm on my 30 day trial but it wont let me downgrade or cancel my services, and on my credit card it already charged me for the plan that i'm using. When i go on billing it says wont charge till the 30 day trial is over, such bs. No live chat, no way to reach someone for help. I checked forums, says you cant cancel service or downgrade if you have unpaid balance, now they've charged me and i still cant cancel my service. Please cancel my service and reverse the payment that was charged to me.
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    dark,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket so our Billing advocates will reach out to further assist.

• Hi, I am trying to cancel my account as well (I just started my free trial today, but I don't need it anymore). Can you please have someone contact me? 
  • Hi @Ellie_Hi

This is Jonathan from the Community Support Forum, happy to help!

I have created a support ticket for you. Please stay tuned, we'll reach out to you shortly via email!

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
    Jonathan
  • CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION :  NIGHTMARE COMPANY : IT'S A JOKE !!!!!!!!
  • Hi @malika61_

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here, happy to assist you in this matter. 

I can see that you already have a ticket open for this billing matter.  Please reply over there, so that we have all of the conversation history in one sigle place. 

Best, 
  • Hi,

Cancelled free trial after a few days but just been charged after 30 days. Unacceptable. Please raise a ticket and contact me accordingly
  • Same here - cancelled trial on date it expired (had tried before but hadn't been actioned on app).  A week later i've had a years subscription debited from my account and no reply from Hootsuite. I have tried to contact via the Help Desk, this forum, Paypal - but no contact other than a holding messages.  Is there a live chat facility at all? 

• How long does it take to cancel the subscription and refund? I got billed for a full year, but I just needed the 30 day free trial! All I could read in the Hootsuite site is they don't refund. But I need the refund because I'm no longer using the app since it is beyond 30 days already
  • edited September 10
    On the August 8th I started my free trial but somehow I was upgraded to Pro account without my permission. On September 8th, I got an invoice charging for 363 euros. First of all, I haven’t used my account all this month because that is a free trial is for - to try a platform and decide whether I need it or not. 5 days earlier I have canceled my free trial but still haven’t received any confirmation. As a result, my account is still on the Pro plan and I can't cancel it. Right now I feel deceived and, unfortunately, found out there have been more people who had such situation. Waiting for your answer ASAP @Sorina_B @Alexandru_T @Valentina_S