Can't publish a video. It is stuck between Hootsuite app and Instagram app on my phone.

Hi. I've been trying to post a video through hootsuite, as I usually do.

The video was uploaded correctly to Hoosuite via my computer. I sent it for publication. The android phone app sent me the notification. I clicked to post to instagram. The video seems stuck between the two apps. It has been an hour now. I tried several times without success.

I also reloaded the video in hootsuite and created a second message, in case there was something wrong with the first one. With the same results. 

What can I check or do? Thanks.

Comments

• Update. I changed my password for instagram and revoked-reauthorized hootsuite access to instagram. Same result: I can't post a video; it remains stuck between the apps on my phone.
  • I have been posting videos to instagram for several months with no issues. 
    I scheduled a video post, the notification came through. I clicked on it, and when I click on 'open in instagram'  I get  'couldn't download image - a large image of a poor network connection would affect image download. tap to retry.'
    When I tap to retry the little green download circle goes around and around but eventually times out with the post being published. 
    At first it appeared that IG has become disconnected in HS, so I reconnected it with all the permissions - but it still isn't working. Help ???
  • Hello there @jcobbiridologist ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

For troubleshooting purposes, please try uninstalling and then re-installing the Hootsuite app.

Let us know if this helps! We look forward to hearing from you.
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Hi there @marieydkm,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app and get back to us with an update.

We look forward to hearing from you.
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• edited April 30
    Same exact issue on my end for Android (Google Pixel). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, unlinking the Instagram account, logging out and back into Instagram. Had a co-worker publish from his iPhone and it worked perfectly. Must be a glitch in the 3.15 update. Hootsuite please get this fixed ASAP, a lot of accounts rely on video publishing through instagram
  • I have the same problem here, I always schedule my videos, I get the notification in my phone, and then post on Instagram. But this time it's stuck in the "Share your post" ...Post must be manually shared through  Instagram. I even changed the file size from 60mb to 14 mb and still doesn't let me post it. 

• I tried to deinstall and reinstall the HootSuite app. I get all the old post notifications messages. When I reconnected HootSuite and Instagram on my phone, I got a message about a suspect connection and a question to send a verification code to check my identity.
    Once I entered the code and the connection is authorized, Hoosuite looks like a copy of the Instagram app and I cannot access the posts notification.
    So I desinstalled and reinstalled the HootSuite app, with the same results.

I am on Android.
    Can you please correct the app and provide an update?

• Same problem here, im stuck between hootsuite android app on my Huawei Mate 10 and instagram, while its working perfectly on my iphoneX, i believe an update is needed on android devices 
  • I have this exact problem on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Hootsuite version 3.15.0 (32211). As a work-around, I use dropbox, and put the scheduled videos there. Then, I go through the process and let it fail.

Once it has failed, it will have already loaded the clipboard with the scheduled text, so you can just go to Instagram, find the video you loaded through dropbox and paste the text in from the failed Hootsuite post.
  • edited May 9
    Same issue here using a Galaxy Note 8. Can't post the videos we schedule through Hootsuite to Instagram. Doesn't even open up Instagram. Have installed and uninstalled several times. This is a huge issue as we rely on Hootsuite for videos. Need a fix asap!
  • It's definitely the 3.15.0 (32211) for certain phones from what I'm seeing from other internet sources and the app reviews. 
  • I have the same issue on a Galaxy S7. It has worked for months, and the last few weeks it goes into the never-ending spin when I try to upload to Instagram. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, all to no avail. Hootsuite - HELP!!
  • Hello all, 

I can confirm that this issue where users are unable to share videos to Instagram via the Hootsuite Mobile App for Android has been brought to the attention of the Development Team here at Hootsuite and they will need to further review it on their end. 

Keep an eye out for updates in the Google Play Store!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that this causes!
  • Hello. There was an Hootsuite app upgrade yesterday (using android, LG phone). But I still cannot post videos on Instagram with Hootsuite. The videos remain stuck between the apps on my phone.

The ticket was closed by Hootsuite, but the problem is not resolved!
  • Hello, I have the same problem (using Android, Motorola). I uninstalled the old app and did put in a new one today... no change. I moved to using a bot to post my videos when this first happened and this has seen my Instagram account decline. Can you guys fix this issue?!
  • edited May 21
    Hi!

Your ticket has not been closed @marieydkm, it has just been placed on hold while our developers investigate the issue a bit further.

I can assure you @QD1234 that we are investigating the issue and that as soon as there is an update we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,