Twitter Account Disconnected on Mobile App

I've just set up my account and linked it to twitter, instagram and facebook page but my twitter account doesn't show up on the mobile app, even when I try to reconnect. 

Comments

• Hello there @thevegebible,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! This is Ximena from the Hootsuite Support Team

Please verify that you have the latest versions of your OS and the Hootsuite app installed to ensure everything is working properly!

Best,
  • @Ximena_M

Everything is up to date and still will not sync with the twitter account on the mobile app.
  • Every time I try to log my Twitter in I get a confirmation email from Twitter telling me I've logged in from my Android device.

The problem is Hootsuite doesn't update it still just says that the account is disconnected.

I've revoked the permission from Twitter and re-enabled it, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked that it's the newest version of Hootsuite, and cleared the cache but it still isn't working
  • Also I can still post to Twitter from Hootsuite without issues
  • Hi,

Thank you for using Hootsuite! My name is Carlos from the Customer Support Team, and I am very happy to help you today.

Is there a chance we could log into your web dashboard at https://www.hootsuite.com/dashboard and try reconnecting it from there?

We are more than happy to help if you have further questions or doubts.

Sincerely,

Carlos | Customer Support Advocate
  • I just started having the exact same issue. Works on desktop, but makes me reauthorize on Android, but still says disconnected after I do it.
  • Hi, I've been having the same problem in last few days. I can reconnect and view my twitter accounts in Hootsuite on web version but not in the android app. I get into a loop of being asked to reconnect a disconnected account again and again.My and app and OS are up to date.  
  • I am having the same problem on my Galaxy s7.  All software and OS are up to date.  It says the account is disconnected and to reconnect.  Go through the process to end up in the same place.  The desktop is working fine on my PC.
  • same here
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    FinboBenbullet33912,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

My apologies that we weren't able to provide a good experience this time around. 

Our dev team is looking into this now. A support ticket has been opened for this and one of our team will reach out via email one we have more details. 

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience. 
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    jtxiiiDomsYourDndChannel,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

My apologies that we weren't able to provide a good experience this time around. 

Our dev team is looking into this now. A support ticket has been opened for this and one of our team will reach out via email one we have more details. 

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience. 
  • same issues.  endless loop of reconnect twitter.  can't figure it out.
  • Also having the same issue. Looking forward to a fix
  • I don't know if it will help but I've also noticed that while this feature is working on the desktop site it doesn't work on a second phone that we tried installing on either.
  • Same here! I use Hootsuite on Desktop and on two Androids, phone and tablet.
    Got the original Hootsuite message a couple of days ago that, following Twitter changes, I needed to reconnect account.
    Reconnected fine via Desktop, but both my android devices fail to reconnect. Have tried reconnecting to Twitter with each of the devices several times - all that happens is another email warning of new connection via Android recorded, but if it's me that's fine. However when i try to access Hootsuite it still just says Reconnect to Twitter!
    Have checked that Hootsuite app is updated to latest version, uninstalled and reinstalled, flushed caches etc on both Android devices without success. The phone once did appear to connect briefly, but then the next time I opened it up it was back demanding I reconnect to Twitter.
    Meanwhile my desktop version has happily carried on being reconnected without problem. Help!
  • I am also experiencing this problem since last night. Hootsuite Mobile shows screen that Account Disconnected (although there is a split second where my tweetline does show when I open the app). Connecting via Twitter makes no difference and just produces an endless loop. Like other commenters, I have no problem seeing tweets in the desktop version.

Could Hootsuite provide a commentary on what they think might be the problem?
  • Me too. Android app completely useless. Will be heading to a different client if this isn't fixed rapidly. Nick Goldman
  • Same issue here. Hasn't been working for several days, except via desktop. 
  • Same here!

I use Hootsuite on Desktop and on two Androids, phone and tablet.
    Got the original Hootsuite message a couple of days ago that, following Twitter changes, I needed to reconnect account.
    Reconnected fine via Desktop, but both my android devices fail to reconnect. Have tried reconnecting to Twitter with each of the devices several times - all that happens is another email warning of new connection via Android recorded, but if it's me that's fine.

However when i try to access Hootsuite it still just says Reconnect to Twitter!
    Have checked that Hootsuite app is updated to latest version, uninstalled and reinstalled, flushed caches etc on both Android devices without success.

Meanwhile my desktop version has happily carried on being reconnected without problem. I will cancel my pro account if this is not fixed until the end of this week!
  • Same with me on an Android device. I get split second of being able to see Tweets, and then I get the Account Disconnected screen. Unable to reconnect. 
  • Sorina_BSorina_B ✭✭
    Hi @ovntis@TonyParkin@AlanMMMMMM , @nickgoldman , @Patrick_Kraemer_81 ; and @coppercreative ,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.
    We've opened support tickets for each and have already addressed this via email.

Thank you for your patience! Have a lovely day!

Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Same problem. Connected Twitter on the web version of Hootsuite. Keep disconnecting Twitter on my Android app (Pixel 2). I was just recommended Hootsuite. If this is not fixed fast, I will be using another app. 
  • I'm having the same problem, any idea when this will be resolved, very frustrating 
  • I am also having the same issue...I also want to know when this will be fixed or will have to find a new scheduler 

• I'm also experiencing the same endless loops of reconnecting hootsuite to twitter from my android phone. 
  • Sorina_BSorina_B ✭✭
    Hi there @coachbay , @Perfectfitpeeps@LisaG and @Berit23 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

We've created support tickets for each situation and already reached out with an update via email.

Have a lovely day!

• Reconnect loop for me as well but only on the Scheduled Post page which, of course, is the one I need to work for a conference this weekend. Please advise of a fix!
  • I have the same problem. Any solution  
  • Sorina_BSorina_B ✭✭
    edited June 15
    Hi @drot84 , @AndrewBo, @Mstoraasli and @Wilder ,

We've opened support tickets and already reached out with an update via email.

Have a lovely day!

• I'm having the same issues. I've done everything that the folks above have mentioned and it's still not working. Any idea when this will be fixed?