Removing "Posted by Hootsuite"

I changed my Facebook password, reconnected Hootsuite and now I get "Posted by Hootsuite (?)" on my scheduled posts. The previous posts that discuss going through Facebook's App interface have not resolved the problem.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi Megan, 

The "via HootSuite" appears as a part of our API agreement with Facebook. While it will show the same way for both Free and Pro users, not all Facebook posts will show this label. To help specify:

- All personal Facebook profiles will show "via HootSuite"

- Status updates (with links) for company Facebook Pages will show "via HootSuite"

- Sharing links or photos on company Facebook Pages will show "via HootSuite"

- Status updates for company Facebook Pages will not show "by HootSuite"

If you post to a Facebook Page you will only see the "by Hootsuite" message if you are signed in to Facebook and are a Page admin. This means that visitors to your page will not see this.

I apologize if this causes any inconvenience for you.

Sterling | @HootSuite_Help
  • This is not a uniform requirement. Their competition does not make this a requirement. This is a $40-50/m fix with Hootsuite competitor.

We love HootSuite, it's your choice.
  •  Sterling @ Hootsuite did not  give you the answer you were looking for  -  

"Posted by Hootsuite"  Is a Branding tactic by Hootsuite  like  free Advertising 

You most certainly can remove the Branding of your posts. 

On your Facebook news feed screen, go to the left-hand side menu, and choose App Center (under the APPS heading). Once there, click on Your Apps. Find Hootsuite, and click on Settings. That will open a pop-up window, where you can decide who can see what HootSuite posts on your behalf (you could set it to Only Me). You can also remove HootSuite's permission to post on your behalf altogether by clicking on the X next to the "Post on my behalf" permission. 

or you can  click here  https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications this will take you to apps  tab and you need to locate  Hootsuite  then click edit  then  click the  X next to Post on my behalf" permission.

Be sure to click the X next to HootSuite's permission to post on your behalf  -  "Posted by Hootsuite" will be removed on all post  - the only person who will be  able to see the  "Posted by Hootsuite" will be  admin -  if you would like to test once you follow the  steps above you can log out and you will see  that "Posted by Hootsuite" will be gone. 

Odd that  Sterling @ Hootsuite  did not know how to answer us with step by step directions on how to remove "Posted by Hootsuite" he must be  a newbee and prob no longer even  works at hootsuite  but either way there is you answer on how to remove "Posted by Hootsuite" on your facebook feeds.
  • "Posted by Hootsuite"  Is a Branding tactic by Hootsuite  like  free Advertising 

You most certainly can remove the Branding of your posts. 

On your Facebook news feed screen, go to the left-hand side menu, and choose App Center (under the APPS heading). Once there, click on Your Apps. Find Hootsuite, and click on Settings. That will open a pop-up window, where you can decide who can see what HootSuite posts on your behalf (you could set it to Only Me). You can also remove HootSuite's permission to post on your behalf altogether by clicking on the X next to the "Post on my behalf" permission. 

or you can  click here  https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications this will take you to apps  tab and you need to locate  Hootsuite  then click edit  then  click the  X next to Post on my behalf" permission.

Be sure to click the X next to HootSuite's permission to post on your behalf  -  "Posted by Hootsuite" will be removed on all post  - the only person who will be  able to see the  "Posted by Hootsuite" will be  admin -  if you would like to test once you follow the  steps above you can log out and you will see  that "Posted by Hootsuite" will be gone. 

Odd that  Sterling @ Hootsuite  did not know how to answer us with step by step directions on how to remove "Posted by Hootsuite" he must be  a newbee and prob no longer even  works at hootsuite  but either way there is you answer on how to remove "Posted by Hootsuite" on your facebook feeds.
  • wow  why would you take down  my info ?
  • well now  we know  that  the resolution to this issues  was  deleted - i am glad i screen shot  it and now i can post it everywhere  and  post that you dont want to resolve this issue --  

• Sterling post is  95% incorrect - he should retract his post and  restore my post and  say thank you for helping resolve this issue. non of our pages say via Hootsuite  -- why not share that with all ur users ? I think your 100% counter productive and your admin/techsupport privileges  should be revoked  (screenshot)
  • Hi Henry,

Your posts were removed as they contained information that would disable our users ability to post from Hootsuite entirely. 

At this time, a “via _______” label is required as a part of Facebook’s API agreement with third party companies such as Hootsuite. When sending messages to a Facebook Page it will not show "posted by Hootsuite." You will, however, see the by Hootsuite message if you are viewing your own Page as an admin.

I have opened up a private email ticket with you if you wish to discuss the matter further.  

Thank you, 

Sterling | @Hootsuite_Help
  • "If you post to a Facebook Page you will only see the "by Hootsuite" message if you are signed in to Facebook and are a Page admin. This means that visitors to your page will not see this."

I have logged out of my company page and logged into to a profile that is considered a visitor to my company page, yet I still see "via Hootsuite"...please advise
  • "If you post to a Facebook Page you will only see the "by Hootsuite" message if you are signed in to Facebook and are a Page admin. This means that visitors to your page will not see this."

I have logged out of my company page and logged into a profile that would be a visitor to my company page and I still see "via Hootsuite".  Please advise.

I have logged out of my company page and logged into a profile that would be a visitor to my company page and I still see "via Hootsuite".  Please advise.
  • Hello!

Welcome to the Community Forum! On your post are you sharing a link or an image in the content? If that is the case you will see the Hootsuite tag as it is sharing content other than text. 

If you are posting only text please let us know and we can look into it further for you!

Thanks for your help!

• is there any way me as a admin of a facebook page can change the "posted by admin" why i ask is because i dont other admin users seeing where i am posting from?
  • Becuse if this " VIA HOOTSUITE " crap, i will cancel my membership.
  • Hi Bogdan,

Sorry to see you go! The via Hootsuite tag appears as part of the 3rd party application agreement that we have with Facebook. Facebook has a policy for all posts that come from outside of Facebook to clearly indicate where they are coming from. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks, 

• Hi Amalia, 

Thanks for reaching out to us through the Community Forum. When posting to a Facebook Page the posted via message is only viewable to any user that is signed in as an admin. 

Currently Facebook does not allow the hiding or editing of the via tag for 3rd party applications. I do apologize for any inconvenience. 

• hi,

kindly help me out to remove "post by hootsuite" or give any alternativ like my ID, my website etc.

thanks
  • Hi @VallalD ,

Thank you for reaching out via the Forum! My name is Carolina, and I am from the Hootsuite Support team. I would be happy to assist you! 

I want to clarify that the "Via Hootsuite" label is part of an agreement with Facebook, and as it is part of their API, it cannot be removed. That being said, it will not be visible to users who are visiting your Facebook Page, as only you can see it! 

I hope this helps, and have a great rest of your day!
    Carolina

• I have to say for such a fantastic service this is really disappointing.  I just signed up annually 10 minutes ago and came searching for an answer to this very same problem only to find out that there isn't one.  Sadly I'm going to cancel my membership and just do it the hard way.  I should not be paying $120 bucks annually to be forced to deal with this.  Perhaps when there is a solution to this I will come back.

-Rod
  • Hi @rjohn0612,

Diana here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! 

Sorry to see you go! The via Hootsuite tag appears as part of the 3rd party application agreement that we have with Facebook. Facebook has a policy for all posts that come from outside of Facebook to clearly indicate where they are coming from. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Please note that this is only visible for Admins of the page.

Warm regards, 
  • I see!  Thank you for providing that piece of information.  Perhaps I won't be so hasty to cancel because it really is a great service.
  • edited June 2016
    Hello,

IS THERE NOW A SOLUTION TO THIS? I also would not like to display the Hootsuit tag for every message which contains content more then text?

Thanks

steve
  • Hi @steve223

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here, happy to assist you in this matter.  

Please note that due to the design of Facebook's API, messages posted from third-parties (such as Hootsuite) will display a "via..." tag (such as "via Hootsuite") when posted to Facebook Profiles or Groups. Unfortunately, these tags are not removable, and I apologize for any inconveniences.

However, when posting messages to Facebook Pages, the "via Hootsuite" tag will only be viewable by Admins of the Facebook Page and not to the public. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Best,