Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Can't post to Instagram

I am having issues posting to Instagram. I schedule the post fine and when I get the notification on my phone - Moto G - I accept, but it fails to post. I see a loading screen which lasts forever - shown below - and on some attempts I will see an error statin "Couldn't download image".

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Hi @RoCo87 ;

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community Forum! Sorry to hear you're having difficulties posting images to your Instagram profile. 

There are a few different things that could be causing this problem: 

First, make sure that your images do not exceed the maximum file size for images uploaded into the compose message box. The maximum size is 5MB, and is the same for all social networks. 

I would also suggest that you try clearing your browser cache. This often helps to resolve your image upload issue. If you're not familiar with the steps on how to do so check out this Help Article.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, it may best to troubleshoot with you in real-time with our live chat feature on the Hootsuite Help Center. On the Help Center, if there is a chat agent available, you will see our Owl icon in the bottom right of the page (this also works on your phone). 

Thanks and we'll get you setup so that you can post to Instagram via Hootsuite no problem :smile: 

Gab
  • Thanks Gab,

The image size was less than the limit and I also cleared my cache, all to no avail.
    I will contact the help centre. 
    Cheers, appreciate the help.
  • Hi @RoCo87 ;

It was my pleasure :) I hope that one of our Customer Advocates was able to help you resolve the issue! 

Gab
  • Please I need help. I couldn't post to Instagram.the image is less than 5mb