Posting 10 Images to Facebook in One Post Results in 10 Posts of 1 Image Each

When we schedule a post to Facebook that includes 10 photos (e.g., 10 photos from a photo shoot we're posting), instead of posting 1 post with 10 photos on facebook as intended, Hootsuite publishes 10 identically worded posts with 1 photo each.  That renders the facebook integration completely useless for us.

Apparently this has been an issue for at least 2 years, is there any fix yet?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Richard_LRichard_L ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Hi @audreyandjohn

When uploading images to Facebook, there will be a dropdown menu underneath the uploaded images in the Compose Box, which lets you select which Album they are sent to. By default this Album is "Timeline". If you select a different Album or create a new one, you won't see this issue again :)

Please let us know if this works properly for you!

Richard
  • Hello--
    I am having the same problem while trying to upload multiple images to one post on a Facebook group.  I have the free version of Hootsuite and I do not get the option to pick "Album" verses "Timeline" .  Is there a way for me to do this with the free version?

• Hi @Kristin_Cooks17,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Beatrice here, from the Support team.

Unfortunately, when posting to Facebook groups, as you correctly noticed, there is no option to select a photo album, so each image will be posted separately. I can understand how this would be useful to you and I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

If you'd like to help us add this feature, please vote/ leave your feedback here.

I hope this helps clarifying the matter. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,
  • Hi just wondering how to resolve this issue. I did choose the album option and it still made multiple posts showing one photo each
  • I am having the same problem wth the free Hootsuite.   I just want to clarify that there is nothing that you can do.
  • Hi @ErinP!

Thank you for reaching out to us through Community Support Forum!

Please be advised that when publishing to Facebook pages and Facebook Profiles you can select an album from the composed message back to ensure that all the photos are published as a single post. 

Unfortunately, when posting to Facebook groups, as there is no option to select a photo album, so each image will be posted separately.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist you with it.

Kind Regards,
    Kritika | Customer Advocate

• Hi @Kristin_Cooks17,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Beatrice here, from the Support team.

Unfortunately, when posting to Facebook groups, as you correctly noticed, there is no option to select a photo album, so each image will be posted separately. I can understand how this would be useful to you and I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

If you'd like to help us add this feature, please vote/ leave your feedback here.

I hope this helps clarifying the matter. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,