Scheduled Instagram Posts - crashes

Everything has been working just fine with Hootsuite for the last couple of months for me - yay.

Yesterday, I received my notification for my scheduled Instagram post...
I went through the normal process, but when I click "Open in Instagram" -- it copies my text, then opens a dialog box to Copy to Instagram -- and THEN IT CRASHES.

I'm having to manually post my Instagrams for the last couple days...please help!

I tried logging out and logging back in -- of both Hootsuite and Instagram -- to no avail.

Comments

• Hi @caprica1020 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

I've created a Help Desk ticket for an advocate to assist further via e-mail with more details.

Have a lovely day!
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• I'm having the same problem. Everything has been great until recently. Now when I go to copy, it crashes. I've tried reinstalling both Hootsuite and Instagram. I've also tried updating my OS on iPhone. No dice. 

Help!
  • Hello @crebnow,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • Hello there! I am also having the same issue. My phone sends me the notification for the post but then nothing happens when I open the app. 
  • Thanks for helping me solve this. Here's what ended up working:

Would you please enabled access to your Photos via your iPhone settings fro the Hootsuite app

http://www.howtogeek.com/211623/how-to-manage-app-permissions-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

If this issue still persists, please uninstall and install the app again. 

• Hey @gretarenee,

Thanks for reaching out on the community forum. I'd also like to thank you @crebnow,
    for the assistance!

Please check that "photos" are enabled in the the Hootsuite app, by going to iOS Settings > Hootsuite.

I sincerely hope this helps! Please let us know if the issue persists! We're here to help!

Kind regards,
    --
    Simone | Customer Advocate | 
  • I've tried all these things... still crashing

photos is enabled
    I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled
    I go to post an instagram scheduled post and it crashes.  every single time.
  • Hello @hellohazen

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here from the Hootsite Support Team, happy to assist ! I've taken the time to reset the notification subscriptions from my end for your account and I will get back to you via email to discuss your mobile device's details and see how this can be fixed. 

Stay tuned for your inbox, we'll be reaching out as soon as possible!
  • Hi there, I'm having the same problem. Access to photos enabled. Uninstalled and installed Hootsuite. Logged out and back in. But Hootsuite crashes every time I access the Instagram Notifications tab. Please help. 

• Gabriela here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! 

I've created a Help Desk ticket for an advocate to assist further via e-mail with more details.

Warm regards, 
  • Please reach out to me with same issue as above!

Thx
  • Hi @GBBDA,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! Denea here with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. 

I've created a Help Desk ticket and will reach out via e-mail to assist you further!

Thank you!
  • Same issue for me as above 
  • Hi @beyondedge

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum! 

In order to further troubleshoot this for you, I have gone ahead and created a support ticket and will be reaching out via email to further assist. 

Wishing you a great day!

Best regards,

Cristian 

• same with me! Can some one please help! Ive restarted my phone, uninstalled and re-installed and cleared everything, allowed photos and what not but it just crashes.
  • Hi @vixie,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Beatrice here, from the Support team.

To better investigate your situation, I created a help ticket and one of my colleagues will reach out to you via email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a lovely day,
    Beatrice
  • Yep, having this same issue as well. Hellllpppp me Hootsuite gods!!

• Gabriela here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! 

Warm regards, 
  • Me too! It's been crashing every time for 5 days now. I've tried everything!
  • Hi there @Adidive ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Sorina here, from the Support team, happy to help.

I've just created a support ticket so that we can investigate this matter more closely and follow up via email. Stay tuned to that inbox!

Have a lovely rest of the day!
    Sorina | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• HI Hootsuite team - same issue here. Worked fine at first, but now when I get a notification to post to IG, it opens IG, stalls for 30 seconds or so, then crashes IG.

• Hello @HVAtoday

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Valentina here, happy to assist you in this matter. 

As this issue can be caused by a number of specific settings in your account, I have created a ticket for you and we'll be in touch via email to further look into this. Stay tuned for your inbox, we'll be reaching out as soon as possible!

Best, 
  • Seems like a lot of users with the same HSuite crashing issue. Same thing is happening with me. Is there a published answer somewhere or do I need to create a ticket, too?  Thanks.
  • Hi @MLE_signs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Support Forum. My name is Beatrice and I’m happy to assist you.

To better investigate your situation, I created a help ticket and one of my colleagues will reach out to you via email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day,
    Beatrice
  • Hi Hootsuite! Same issue here, not getting Instagram notifications and when I go to open the app directly it crashes every time. Thanks in advance for the help!
  • Hi @Max1350

Thank you for reaching out to us on Hootsuite Community Forum! My name is Kritika from Hootsuite support team and I will be happy to assist you!

As a next step of troubleshooting can you please re-install your Instagram and Hootsuite Mobile app and follow the steps below to re-sync the notifications: 

1) Turn off Notifications for the Instagram account in the Hootsuite App:

2) Clear Message Memory/Reset App Data

3) Sign out of the Hootsuite App and Sign back in

4) Please turn the Notifications back on for the Instagram account

Please let us know if the issue persists after these steps or if you have any followup questions. 

Kind Regards,
    Kritika | Customer Advocate
  • Kritika_G,

Thank you for these suggestions; I have followed the instructions as listed and notifications still are not working. The app does not seem to crash any longer, but I must open the app manually to share Instagram posts. Please do let me know if there are additional steps I can take. Thanks!
  • Hi @Max1350

Thanks for your reply!

I would check to see if your Instagram notifications are turned back on. 
    Here's how:

for iOs: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204596300-Notifications

for Android: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204596580-Notifications 

Also, here's an additional video for sharing instagram posts:
    https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204864614-Share-posts-to-Instagram

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out with any questions. 

Sincerely, 

Adriana | Customer Advocate

• @Adriana_D,

Thanks for the additional suggestions; notifications are indeed turned on but are not coming through automatically. It had been working fine previously. Please do let me know if there are any other steps I can take.

Thank you!

Max
  • Hey Max1350, I've created a ticket so that an agent can reach out further with more steps via email! Stay tuned for further update :wink:
    Best regards,
    Camille H. | Customer Advocate