How to set up an RSS feed from Google alerts that will post the image from the article

A couple years ago I was using Yahoo pipes to bring multiple RSS feeds together then post articles through Hoot suite, based on a keyword.  The post would include an image from the article and a link to it... worked great posting to Facebook and twitter.
Yahoo Pipes was shut down and I am struggling setting this back up.  I have set up some RSS feeds through google alerts that allows me to pull an RSS of news stories based on keywords and I have it posting through Hoot suite but it is only posting a link to the news story which is great but I need it to also post the image associated with the article.

Let me know what the best set up is to fix this (even if it includes using a different service instead of google alerts) I want to be able to post to Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter.
Thanks!
JMack
pro user :p

Comments

• Hi jmack,

Max here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! As this will require more investigation, I have created a ticket for you and will be in contact with you via email shortly.

Best, 
    Max | Customer Advocate | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center

• Thanks Max!
    I just replied to the support ticket.
    -Jmack
  • Hi jmack!

Thank you for confirming! Let us know if you if you don't hear from us by the end of today. 

All the best!
    Denea
  • Hello Members,

i am searching for the same answer as jmack  :)

Is there a way?

• Hi @nummer50,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Beatrice here from the Support team.

To better assist with this matter, I created a help ticket and we'll get back to you via email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,
  • Same issue here, although I'm missing not only the image, but the beginning text from the articles on the feed.
  • Hi Dotsey,

Max here, with the Hootsuite Help Desk team. Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum!

I have created a support ticket for you to investigate this further and will be in touch with you via email.

Best,
    Max | Customer Advocate
    Max | Customer Advocate | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center