Sharing Music on Social Media

edited March 16 in Off Topic
Hey guys, I'm trying to beef up my social media content for my business and thought that a "song of the day" would be a nice addition. I have been looking into how (and if legally), I can do this. I have learned that we can't quote any lyric but we can use the song title legally. But, I'm lost after that. Is it okay to share a link to iTunes or to their webpage without the artist's permission? Is it okay to share an album cover (I know it's okay to share a book cover, but does this apply to albums)? Any info you have would be a great help! Thank you! 
PS I know most of us aren't lawyers so I'll take everything with a grain of salt

Comments

• Hello @Jerrica,

Thanks for reaching out to us through the Community Support Forum. Gabriela here, from the Support team, happy to help.

You can share music from streaming services such as iTunes, but keep in mind that the platform limits the content to the users with a paid iTunes account. Please check the iTunes Terms and Conditions for an in-depth view regarding this matter: http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there's anything else I might assist you with.

Warm regards,
  • That does help. Thank you, Gabriela!
  • Hi @Jerrica

Thank you for your reply here on the forum, glad to see my colleague Gabriela was able to assist you with this query. 

Should you require further assistance please reach out to us here in the forum, contact one of our advocates on Live Chat at the bottom of this page, or tweet us @Hootsuite_Help

Wishing you a great day!

Best regards,

Cristian