Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

"Failed refreshing push subscriptions" error for enabling push subscriptions.

I also am running into the same problem as another user posted yesterday.

"After downloading the app on my phone, I go to the push notification center and all it shows me is "unable to refresh your push notifications...please check your connection and make sure notifications for hootsuite are enabled in your devices settings". Although, my 'connection' is fine and my phone allows the notifications."

Note: I am very tech savvy. My Galaxy s7 has hootsuite and Instagram set to "allow notifications". In fact every app on my phone is set to that. 

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling hootsuite, powering cycling my cell phone, and de-linking and re-linking the Instagram account via hootsuite 

Looking forward to any help. 

Thank you,

-Mike

Comments

• Hello @MD7,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • Hello, I am having the same issue as MD7. How can I rectify this matter urgently?
  • Hello @Adriena5,

I've created a ticket so we can take a further look at this. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 
  • I am also having the same issue. Thank you.
  • Hello @veevan !

Thank you for reaching out our Community Forum!

I have created a ticket to further investigate. We will give you follow-up via email for additional information.

Have great day! :)
  • Hi, I have the same issue on my samsung galaxy A5 (2017) model.

Reinstalled Hootsuite app 3 times and rebooted machine 3 times too. Still get 

"Failed refreshing push subscriptions"

I need to post something urgently today for Halloween. Cheers
  • Hello @Dream_Stone007,

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further. Please stay tuned to your inbox where we'll be reaching out for further information!
  • Hi! I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and already re-installed the app. All my notifications are turned on, so I'm not sure what the problem is....?
  • Hello @FRITSY,

I've created a ticket so we can take a further look at this. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 
  • Same issue, Galaxy S7... I'm on my free trial period, but can't trial it if I can't connect my IG account :-/

• Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! This is Daniel from the Hootsuite Support Team, happy to help!

As this requires some further investigation, I have created a support ticket for you and will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!

Warm regards,
    Daniel L | Customer Advocate
  • edited November 2017
    I have the same issue. My phone is a M8 HTC. I've used hootsuite before with a different account and it was working. Could you please help me to fix it? thanks a mill , Bruna
  • brunaNobrega,

I've created a ticket for you so that we can connect with you further via email to investigate this issue further.
  • I have the same issue with a Samsung Galaxy S7. This is beyond frustrating now
  • I have the same issue aswell, it's pretty urgent!

• rlmahercd_calvindoyle1990,

I can confirm that I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • Hi all,
    I have the same issue unfortunately, is it possible to find a way to solve it.
    Thanks a lot
  • Hi I have had the same problem and troubleshooted the best I can and I have an S8 Samsung. Please help solve the issue.
  • Hi @CBON and @avita715

Thanks so much for reaching Hootsuite's Community Forum.

Please try following the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Delete the Hootsuite app completely from the device.

2. Reboot the device.

3. Download the app from zero and allow permissions for notifications.

4. Access the Notifications settings and enable that one for "Publish to Instagram" on each IG profile you might have.

In case this steps don't seem to make a difference, please let us know so we can get a ticket open for you.

Have a great day!

• Thanks Tony, 

I have followed the above instructions and still get stuck on section 4. I am still getting the error 'Failed refreshing push subscriptions', despite reinstalling the app twice and have my notifications on for Instagram/ Hootsuite. I'd be grateful if you could raise a ticket for me. Thank you for your help.
  • avita715,

Thank you for providing us with this details. I can confirm that I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your understanding and for your patience. 
  • Hi,
    I'm having the same problem, Htc Desire phone and I've followed the above steps, which has made no difference! Could you help me sort this out please, Thanks in advance!
  • Hi @BallinaB!

Thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forum! This is Daniel from the Hootsuite Support Team, happy to help!

As this matter is already being investigated by our development team, I have created a support ticket for you and will be reaching out via email.

Thank you! 

Warm regards,

• Thanks for your help Daniel
  • You are very welcome @BallinaB!

Thanks for reaching out on our Forum, will get back to you briefly.

Warm regards,
  • I'm encountering the same issue... Are you currently working on a resolution?
  • Hi, 
    I'm having the same issue. Have you found a solution to this yet?
  • Hello @ThePureWay and @Laulhe,

Thanks for reaching out via Forum! This is Miguel from Support Team, happy to assist you!

I have created a ticket for both of you. We will be following up via email.

Thanks,
    Miguel
    Miguel T.
    Customer Support Advocate  
    @Hootsuite_HelpHootsuite Help Center 
  • @Tony_V
    Unfortunately, I have removed the apps and I just reinstall it but I still have an error.
    Can you open a ticket and reach by email.
    Thanks a lot
  • Hi, I am having the same problem. Could you please raise a ticket for me.

Thanks