Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

tag a product to shop

Is it possible to tag a product in a scheduled instagram post? My facebook page, feeds products to my instagram page and I am able to tag the products in instagram itself, but wanted to know if I can do it while I schedule it, instead of after the fact.

Comments

• Hello @shellyb,

Please accept our sincere apologies that we do not offer the feature you are looking for. Please leave your feedback at our forum, which can be accessed through the following link:

We are constantly looking to this forum for the suggestions submitted by users to gauge what we should be updating, improving, or asking social networks to update for their APIs.
  • That's too bad, as I want to be able to tag products in scheduled posts. IS there a plan to add this feature soon?
    Additionally, I cannot post to instagram using hootsuite. It gets stuck. It copies the graphic to my phone but when it goes to post to instagram, I get asked if I want it to post to the story or the feed and it gets stuck. I have to cancel out of instagram and post it manually. any idea why?

• Thanks for using Hootsuite! My name is Carlos from the Customer Support Team, and I am very happy to help you today.

Could you please tell us the make and model of your device? I will really help us determine what the root issue is and how to solve it.

Thanks!
  • Now that Instagram is allowing product tagging as a feature will Hootsuite be adding the option to pre-tag scheduled posts?
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    Eagle_and_fox170,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I encourage you to add/vote for this request on our feedback forum, where you are able to stay up-to-date on any developments: 

• Are you planning to implement the product tagging feature in the near future?