Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Photo not showing up with hashtags

When I post a photo to send directly to Instagram, the photo doesn't show up under the hashtags I use. 

Comments

• Same here. Instagram posting is unusable because of this.
  • I have the same problem since I implemented the automatic post
  • I have the same problem on both the accounts I work with.  Agree with Nathan1.  This is unusable unless fixed.  It completely killed my engagement
  • The scheduler also does not allow you to add location.  Hashtags don't work and no location.  Huge miss!
  • Hello @ Wriitten4God,@nathan1 ,@Ifigeneia ,@Annette

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• I'm experiencing the exact same thing, and my engagement has plummeted. HOOTSUITE HELP!
  • I have the exact same problem! Please help us! I feel so helpless! I though it was a shadow ban and would only last for 3 days. But now it's been over a week! It's not fair! I have 3 different accounts and the hashtag doesn't work for 2 of them. The other one is fine. Why? How? They need to just email or message us to let us know what's going on or what we did wrong. It is making Instagram unenjoyable to use. I have so many pics of new looks I want to post but I won't get the engagement I usually get. It's not fair for my pictures. They deserve the likes I usually get. Need this fixed within the next two days!
  • Jacinda_Lacroix,

I've created a ticket so our team can have a look into this situation and reach out to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• The same is happening to me on my business account! Has anyone got a fix for this? 
  • edited February 27
    @Alexandru_T

We have the same issue. This is a huge problem as it makes posting to Instagram with Hootsuite unusable. We can't afford to delete the post as users already engaged with it. We tried updating it manually and moving the hashtags to the comments, but to no avail.

The last response from Hootsuite has been 2 weeks ago. Are there still resources dedicated to this issue?
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    Hello @AM3, @Hogita,

I'd like to provide you with an update regarding the issue. 

Instagram has confirmed with us that this issue has been resolved on their end. Any posts sent via Instagram Direct Publishing will show in hashtag searches as expected.
  • I’m still having this issue??
  • @Hogita same here
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    Sav2001,

Would you please provide more details? Also please note that due to recent Instagram changes, some features are no longer available in Hootsuite.

For more information, please take a look at the following article: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002742853-Facebook-and-Instagram-changes-4-5-18