Can't upload media since 3 days ago

edited April 24 in Hootsuite Mobile
Every time I try to upload a square photo from my s8+ to Instagram it says "Instagram image aspect ratio must be between 4:5 and 1.91:1". Does anyone get this error too? Thanks! 

Answers

• Hello @Dysdi,

This is Alina from Hootsuite Support, happy to be of help.

With the new feature to publish directly to Instagram via Hootsuite, the images you upload will need to be within the requirements imposed by Instagram, available here: https://help.instagram.com/1469029763400082.

Please also keep in mind the minimum resolution is 150x150 px and the maximum resolutions are:

for landscape images: 1080x566 px (1.91.:1) 
    for square images: 1080x1080 px (1:1) 
    for portrait images: 1080x1350 px (4:5) 

Hope this information helps!

Regards,

Alina | Customer Advocate

• Hi Alina! 
    Yes, I know. I've been publishing this way perfectly until 3 days ago. Sizes and resolutions are perfect. In fact, I even tried uploading an old photo and now hootsuite doesn't let me upload it again when last week it did! 

Any ideas? It's so frustrating ☹️
  • I am having the same issue, I can't schedule any posts for Instagram because I see this message too. I'm uploading square photos.
  • Hi @Dysdi and @thekristin

We are currently rolling out an update for version 3.15. Can you be on the lookout for that and let us know if the issue persists once you have updated the app?

Regards,

• Hi Alina, I was able to upload the photos with the new update, however I tried to into the scheduled posts after scheduling them to edit some things and saw this error again. Only showing on my phone, not in the desktop editor (I updated them that way).
  • Hi Alina, I was able to upload the photos with the new update, however I tried to into the scheduled posts after scheduling them to edit some things and saw this error again. Only showing on my phone, not in the desktop editor (I updated them that way).
  • Thanks for confirming @thekristin! We've created a help ticket to discuss this further with you over email.

Regards,

• Is the update available for droid users as well?
  • Hi @MrsAtkins

The Hootsuite Mobile App version 3.15 should now be available for all Android users. Please update the app and let us know if you encounter any other errors. 

Best, 
  • I downloaded the app today, and I am having the same problem.  Some images work, some don't.  It doesn't seem to matter how I resize it, and the the platform gives no guidance on how to make it work.
  • Alexandru_TAlexandru_T ✭✭✭
    edited May 11
    Hello @Lazam,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum! 

Please see below the size limit guide:

• Landscape: Width of at least 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio of up to 1.91:1 
    • Portrait: Width of at least 1080 pixels with and an aspect ratio up to 4:5 
    • To avoid having to crop your photo, aim to make it 320 x 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio between 1.91:1 (landscape) and 4:5 (portrait).

I hope this helps to clarify!
  • edited May 17
    I'm having the same issue. Why can't Hootsuite automatically adjust it to the correct measurements? Or only have the crop tool make it the correct measurement? Anyhow, nothing i try seems to work. I keep getting that annoying error...

BTW - When I first tried to post this (2 sentence) comment here I got an error: "Body is 4644 characters too long." Errors nonstop on Hootsuite!
  • Hello @insiderdiva,

Thanks for reaching out! You can edit images within Hootsuite's Composer, this way, you can crop or adjust to the correct size.

https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010088387-Create-and-publish-posts-Composer#3

We're always looking for ways to improve Hootsuite and would love to hear your thoughts in our Feedback Forum:

https://feedback.hootsuite.com/ 

Thanks again!
    Miguel T.
    Customer Support Advocate  
    @Hootsuite_HelpHootsuite Help Center