Please note that this forum is in read-only mode and will be sunset at the end of November. For any product related questions, please visit our Help Desk: https://help.hootsuite.com or talk with a Hootsuite Helper: https://twitter.com/Hootsuite_Help

Hootsuite does neither load User Icons nor Photos/Media

Hi,

I have been using Hootsuite/Dashboard for quite some time now however recently it stopped displaying User Icons ( ripped File Icon in the upper left corner, so It fails to fetch them from Twitter ). If I click on an icon it enlarges it but the frame remains empty. Same goes for ANY Media attached to a tweet, be it a GIF or Image, even Videos are not loaded or rendered.

What I already did:

Cleared Firefox Cache and Cookies
Cleared Hootsuite's Cache
Relogged into Twitter, reassigned the permissions for Hootsuite
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @AmaruKaze

Thank you for reaching out to the Hootsuite Forum! Mihai here, happy to assist you on this matter. 

My recommendation is to use a different browser, such as Google Chrome (as it is optimized for the Hootsuite Dashboard) and make sure you don't have any extensions that might block the media from the dashboard (whitelist hootsuite.com, if so).

Also, in these cases, clearing the dashboard cache might do the trick, as you can see in this Help Article: Hootsuite - Initial Troubleshooting

In cases where the profile photo of a certain social network is not synced, you can use the Sync Avatar feature, as in this article: Sync Social Network Avatar

If you have any further questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here in the forum, contact one of our advocates on Live Chat at the bottom of this page, or tweet us @Hootsuite_Help.

Best,
    Mihai | @Hootsuite_Help | Hootsuite Help Center
  • As I mentioned before,

I have already cleared the browser cache as well as the Dashboard cache.

Those steps are already done twice now. So this doesn't fix the issue.

So basically you are saying that hootsuite does no longer work with Firefox? The only solution is a browser swap? I find that kinda disturbing, that means the site is no longer supporting one of the most widely used browsers then?
  • Hi @AmaruKaze

Please note that Google Chrome t is optimized for the Hootsuite Dashboard and that is the reason why we suggest you use this browser. 

Also, you could try to log into your Hootsuite Dashboard from a Private/Incognito window.

If you have any further questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here in the forum, contact one of our advocates on Live Chat at the bottom of this page, or tweet us @Hootsuite_Help.